Transfer money to a foreign account

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vla

Post by vla » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am

Hi!

I will be moving in a few weeks to Finland. I have everything I need to open a Finnish bank account but I don't know what would be the best way to transfer money from my finnish account to my chilean one. I mean electronic transfer.

Is this possible?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jarikaija

Re: Transfer money to a foreign account

Post by jarikaija » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:41 am

vla wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am
Hi!

I will be moving in a few weeks to Finland. I have everything I need to open a Finnish bank account but I don't know what would be the best way to transfer money from my finnish account to my chilean one. I mean electronic transfer.

Is this possible?
TransferWise... Google it.

inkku

Post by inkku » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Transferwise is good, also ordinary bank transfer or worldremit. I think there are loads of different systems, depends on the value, your country's bank chrarges, general system, to my understanding having IBAN makes transfers less expensive.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 am

I've used Transferwise with good results - very low fees. They don't do every country & currency - I've also used Currencies Direct - and there are a number of other services like that.

vla

Post by vla » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi and thanks for the replies. I have tried TransferWise and it works between Finland and Chile so it's just what I need.

Thanks a lot!

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 am

Even cheaper than TransferWise is https://www.xendpay.com

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 am

For bank to foreign bank transfer (non-EU), would I need to personally visit the bank and fill some form about purpose of money for government inspection? Can I do it online or even set up automatic monthly transfer? (and which banks would be recommended for that? OP?)

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Online currency services like the ones mentioned above allow you to fill in a purpose. If you're sending to a country that has strong exchange controls, the receiving bank may contact the receiving account holder for more information before it gets released. But that depends on the country.

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 pm
Online currency services like the ones mentioned above allow you to fill in a purpose. If you're sending to a country that has strong exchange controls, the receiving bank may contact the receiving account holder for more information before it gets released. But that depends on the country.
Thanks! Xendpay can send to my country! :)