How to get "Kela" without waiting 4 years (for EU citizens)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello, can someone explain me if I am eligible for "Kela" if I am from EU and I have not lived in Finland for 4 years?
And how do I apply??
The website says nothing for EU citizens, only for immigrants/asylum seekers from non EU countries...
I work here, and I have personal identity code from VeroSkat.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: How to get "Kela" without waiting 4 years (for EU citizens)

Post by vla » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm

As I understand there is a difference between permanent residence and permanent permit. The former is the intentionally of your stay in Finland and the later is the current status in the country. For example, you may have a residence permit for two years (continuous residence permit) but your intention is to stay permanently, for example if you have a permanent job position contract. So in that case you may apply to social services even when you don't have a permanent residence permit.

I know your situation may be slightly different since you are a EU citizen, but you can take a look at this website:

https://www.expat-finland.com/living_in ... urity.html

I hope you find some answers there, and I encourage you to directly ask Kela about your situation.
Last edited by vla on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tavastia

Re: How to get "Kela" without waiting 4 years (for EU citizens)

Post by tavastia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:14 am

You don't need to have a permanent permit, your intention is to live permanently in Finland matters. E.g. a job contract on permanent basis, family ties is always permanent, etc. studying is not.

To apply just fill this form: https://www.kela.fi/documents/10192/3861304/Y77e.pdf send it by post, wait about 1 month and you shall be fine.