NEED HELP IN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT!!

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Ousman

Post by Ousman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am

Hello everyone... I need help on this.
I am a non EU with an expired residence permit from another EU country and a valid receipt showing I reapplied and haven't gotten a decision yet, I am a guardian of a Finnish citizen and my fiancee is a Finnish citizen (the mother), my fiancee got pregnant when I visited Finland for the second time and my residence permit was almost expired and I traveled back to Italy.
I came back with the expired residence card and a receipt when she was 8months pregnant, , now we have done all the paper works like custody and paternity. MY QUESTION HERE IS. CAN I STILL apply for a residence permit based on a guardian of a Finnish citizen while in still in Finland? What are my chances? Or do I need to go and apply and wait for the residence permit in Italy? The mother won't let me go and apply in Italy even if I want because it will take at least 9months and she and I want to be in the child's life from young age.. I am applying next week. Please I need positive advices only. Thanks.
Last edited by Ousman on Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: NEED HELP IN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT!!

Post by bm50 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi,

Most easy way is to get married.

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks and yes I know many people apply for residence permit based on spouse of a Finnish citizen but at this moment I just want to apply for a guardian and get married next year 2019 after I get my first residence permit

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

https://migri.fi/en/my-child-is-a-finnish-citizen

As long as you have all the right documents and whatnot and they accept your application, you should be able to wait in Finland for as long as it takes Migri to make a decision. Check the link and make sure you have all your !"#¤% together before you go.

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:09 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

As long as you have all the right documents and whatnot and they accept your application, you should be able to wait in Finland for as long as it takes Migri to make a decision. Check the link and make sure you have all your !"#¤% together before you go.
Thanks so much and I have all the documents ex: custody, paternity and birth certificate for the child.. But the one problem I don't have my residence permit from Italy but just the recipe from Italy and the expired residence card with me but the border control searched me when I entered into Finland from Italy and they knew I had an expired residence card but they let me when I explained my situation... Do you think I will be accepted to stay here and have a residence permit ? I can't afford to be taken out of Finland when I have a litlle boy of just 2months old and I have a joint custody with the mother who is a finnish citizen.. I am sending my application tomorrow on enterfinland.fi

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Ousman wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:09 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks so much and I have all the documents ex: custody, paternity and birth certificate for the child.. But the one problem I don't have my residence permit from Italy but just the recipe from Italy and the expired residence card with me but the border control searched me when I entered into Finland from Italy and they knew I had an expired residence card but they let me when I explained my situation... Do you think I will be accepted to stay here and have a residence permit ? I can't afford to be taken out of Finland when I have a litlle boy of just 2months old and I have a joint custody with the mother who is a finnish citizen.. I am sending my application tomorrow on enterfinland.fi

Thanks to everyone that gave advise on here.
I would like to give an update.
I just got a positive decision today

Applied and proved my identity on the 31.12.2018 and got my decision today