S-Pankki account openning processing time

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
deepsudeep

Re: S-Pankki account openning processing time

Post by deepsudeep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm

vla wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm
I believe Finnish driving license is also valid, can anyone confirm this?
NO

Also the question was about electronic validation and not what a local bar will accept

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Post by vla » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:18 pm
vla wrote:
deepsudeep wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Got the answer from the bank. It will work after I have EU passport / Finnish passport / Finnish ID card. So I guess I have to do the paper application for the Finnish ID card.
A driving license is officially not a valid ID (even though it is accepted in many places as proof of identity), a passport and an ID card are.
Thank you. By the way, they didn't take the passport, they said I have to get the ID card from the police.

vla

Post by vla » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am

deepsudeep wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm
vla wrote:
NO

Also the question was about electronic validation and not what a local bar will accept
I didn't say anything about a bar. I am just trying to figure out if the driving license would work.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 am

vla wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:00 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
vla wrote:

A driving license is officially not a valid ID (even though it is accepted in many places as proof of identity), a passport and an ID card are.
Thank you. By the way, they didn't take the passport, they said I have to get the ID card from the police.
I suppose what they wanted to determine whether you're residing here, hence they wanted not only proof of identity but also proof of residence (in the form of a Finnish ID card or a Finnish passport).

vla

Post by vla » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 am
vla wrote:
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:

I suppose what they wanted to determine whether you're residing here, hence they wanted not only proof of identity but also proof of residence (in the form of a Finnish ID card or a Finnish passport).
Yes, right. I have just talk to someone in Nordea and she said me that the law changed on january 1st. Before driving license was valid, now it ain't.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am

vla wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 am
vla wrote:

Yes, right. I have just talk to someone in Nordea and she said me that the law changed on january 1st. Before driving license was valid, now it ain't.
As far back as I can remember, a driving license in Finland has not been an official form of ID. As I wrote earlier, many places accept it, but it is not and has not been "virallinen henkilötodistus" (official proof of identity). The law that you're referring to has forced banks and telephone operators to change their policies. It's not that a driving license is now less "valid" (legally, as it wasn't an official ID earlier, either), it has been their right to require a virallinen henkilötodistus before too, they just have chosen not to. The same thing e.g. in shops selling alcohol and tobacco, they may but they don't have to accept a driving license when checking the buyer's age, but they will have to accept a virallinen henkilötodistus.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 am

vla wrote:
deepsudeep wrote:
Got the answer from the bank. It will work after I have EU passport / Finnish passport / Finnish ID card. So I guess I have to do the paper application for the Finnish ID card.
It used to be, but not anymore.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am
The law that you're referring to has forced banks and telephone operators to change their policies.
Banks and mobile operators are in the business of identifying as you can use mobile bank or mobile id to identify yourself in online services. I suppose they wouldn't bother asking for official id if they just handled your money or phone calls.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

burak25

Post by burak25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:01 pm

vla wrote:
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
vla wrote:

Yes, They need to see that ID Card (even if you are a foreigner you can get it. As long as you have henkilötunnus. They active your online identification after that. It is different from regular banking services so you can open a bank account but cannot get online identification...

agroot

Post by agroot » Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am

deepsudeep wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm
I opened a N26 account which is in English. So its ok for me that I have the S-pankki one for free
How did you open a N26 account?

I can't proceed to verification step. It says checking my email (not the first one after registration) but there is none. And there is no chat window whatsoever or support email :evil:

vla

Post by vla » Tue May 28, 2019 8:38 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
vla wrote:
deepsudeep wrote:
You are right, I confirmed this a few months ago (my previous post was from january :lol: )

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm

agroot wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am
deepsudeep wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm
I opened a N26 account which is in English. So its ok for me that I have the S-pankki one for free
How did you open a N26 account?

I can't proceed to verification step. It says checking my email (not the first one after registration) but there is none. And there is no chat window whatsoever or support email :evil:
I agree the chat is hard to get to but it is possible. I did it a while ago so don't remember exactly, but yes the verification needs to be done!