Bank accounts free of charge

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Y77

Post by Y77 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi!

Does anybody know any free of charge bank account, apart from S-pankki? Danske is actually charging me 1,60 euros a month, I'd like to close it down and open a free one. I wrote to them and ask them to remove the charge but they simply said "not possible", so they will learn the hard way.Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Bank accounts free of charge

Post by heretostay » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:08 pm

:lol:

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm

What's with the laughing? Free banking feels quite normal, wouldn't you agree bankers should know better how to extract money in secret, not doing it openly?

OP why not S-pankki?

I'm also searching for a bank with lowest cost, in addition to a credit card with waivable fee.

vla

Post by vla » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Y77 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi!

Does anybody know any free of charge bank account, apart from S-pankki? Danske is actually charging me 1,60 euros a month, I'd like to close it down and open a free one. I wrote to them and ask them to remove the charge but they simply said "not possible", so they will learn the hard way.Thanks
I don't think they care about losing €1,6 monthly. I don't think they would learn some kind of lesson, not hard way nor whatever.

Do you think €1,6 is too much money or you just don't want to give that money to the bank?

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 am

agroot wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm
What's with the laughing? Free banking feels quite normal, wouldn't you agree bankers should know better how to extract money in secret, not doing it openly?

OP why not S-pankki?

I'm also searching for a bank with lowest cost, in addition to a credit card with waivable fee.
I already have an account with s-pankki and I'm thinking of closing also that one down, they are making things more and more difficult, limited amount of free cash withdrawals and now they are pulling out of the otto system, which means they will force you to go their joyless prisma supermarkets full of people that look like they have just come out of a Jerry Springer show if you want to get some cash.

I would open an account like Revolut, but Nordnet requires a bank with a finnish IBAN as vastatiili, probably for money laundry issues.
1,6 euros a month is not a lot but why pay if you can get an account for free? i'll close the Danske account sooner or later and if more people would follow my example, then the fat cats will start to change their attitude. I'm really amazed how banks are willing to lose a customer over a dispute over a few euros monthly charge, now they will not get 1,6 euros /month AND they will have lost a customer...

agroot

Post by agroot » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 pm

But if you use a package, wouldn't it be much cheaper?

- Danske Gold package is only €6.90 at level 1, with two accounts (a current and a rental deposit?), a debit card with EU withdraw, a gold credit card with insurance, and a bank identifier (cost €3 otherwise!)
- OP's banking services package costs €6.50, one account, one gold card with insurance, and presumably an identifier.
- Nordea's basic package is €7.50, one account with the most basic credit card.

I can't find anything cheaper. And credit cards cost money too!

Y77

Post by Y77 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am

agroot wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 pm
But if you use a package, wouldn't it be much cheaper?

- Danske Gold package is only €6.90 at level 1, with two accounts (a current and a rental deposit?), a debit card with EU withdraw, a gold credit card with insurance, and a bank identifier (cost €3 otherwise!)
- OP's banking services package costs €6.50, one account, one gold card with insurance, and presumably an identifier.
- Nordea's basic package is €7.50, one account with the most basic credit card.

I can't find anything cheaper. And credit cards cost money too!
thanks for the answer but that's not good, I already have a totally FREE credit card, with bank norwegian, which includes FREE travel insurance and FREE cash withdraw, so as you can see there are freebies when you know where to look. If I don't find a totally FREE finnish account I'll use my s-pankki account as a Nordnet vastatilli and take money out using the norwegian c.c., but ovboiusly having a normal free account would be better

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:50 pm

S- Bank is the best option. You can open many accounts and get two cards free of charge as well. Only older people want cash regularly, for occasional needs it shouldn't be a problem to pick it up from the shops.

There are many credit cards available without any fee. But for the banks, it's only S-Pankki

agroot

Post by agroot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Y77 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am
thanks for the answer but that's not good, I already have a totally FREE credit card, with bank norwegian, which includes FREE travel insurance and FREE cash withdraw, so as you can see there are freebies when you know where to look. If I don't find a totally FREE finnish account I'll use my s-pankki account as a Nordnet vastatilli and take money out using the norwegian c.c., but ovboiusly having a normal free account would be better
Ha are you saying banknorwegian is better? :D

But where is the long list of their service charges? Website looks over-simplistic and I dunno how to do site: search in Finnish.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 am

agroot wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Y77 wrote:

But where is the long list of their service charges? Website looks over-simplistic and I dunno how to do site: search in Finnish.
of course norwegian is better, no charges at all if you pay the balance in full by the 15th of the following month. if you do that its FREE, GRATIS KOSTENLOOOOOOS

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 am

agroot wrote:
Y77 wrote:

Moreover bank norwegian c.c. is totally red, the colour of sin and voluptous consumption, like a little square Ferrari

vla

Post by vla » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 am

Y77 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 am
agroot wrote:
Y77 wrote:

of course norwegian is better, no charges at all if you pay the balance in full by the 15th of the following month. if you do that its FREE, GRATIS KOSTENLOOOOOOS
Cheap is not better, at least not always. Just saying.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am

vla wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 am
Y77 wrote:
agroot wrote:

Pay up for your golden packages then and be happy. I asked for suggestions to pay less, not more

vla

Post by vla » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 am

Y77 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am
vla wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 am
Y77 wrote:

Pay up for your golden packages then and be happy. I asked for suggestions to pay less, not more
You said "of course Norwegian is better" just because they are cheaper. That's what I mean.