Tourist visa possibilities after applying for RP based on family ties

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Barun

Post by Barun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am

Hi all,

I have a PR in Finland and a full time entrepreneur. My wife is from Nepal and we just got married last year.

She has already applied for residence permit via enterfinland.fi and all documents submitted. She has got interview time and identity verification appointment for next month.

My question - can she travel to Finland for 90 days on tourist visa to be with me after applying RP? She can surely return back to wait for RP before her tourist visa ends. At least, we could be together for some time while waiting. And, she could also get herself prepared with Finnish society and culture.
Thank you and your suggestions could be extremely helpful. Kiitos! 😊

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Tourist visa possibilities after applying for RP based on family ties

Post by Upphew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 am

Barun wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am
Hi all,

I have a PR in Finland and a full time entrepreneur. My wife is from Nepal and we just got married last year.

She has already applied for residence permit via enterfinland.fi and all documents submitted. She has got interview time and identity verification appointment for next month.

My question - can she travel to Finland for 90 days on tourist visa to be with me after applying RP? She can surely return back to wait for RP before her tourist visa ends. At least, we could be together for some time while waiting. And, she could also get herself prepared with Finnish society and culture.
In theory yes. I'd be wary that the officials think that she would overstay the visa.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Barun

Post by Barun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks for the opinion. I am just curious to know if it is legal to apply or if we are not breaking any immigration laws of Finland.
Whether official are wary about possibilities of wife not returning to Nepal before short-term visa (ex. tourist visa) expiry is quite individual opinion. I am pretty sure, if things are done legally; official can't do individual decisions.
Any other opinions or case where someone has been in similar situation before and could share their experience, it would be great.

Sharkbait4

Post by Sharkbait4 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Barun wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am
Hi all,

From Migi Website:

https://migri.fi/en/application-processing-stages

For first-time residence permit applicants:

- If you submit your application abroad, you cannot come to Finland while your application is being processed to wait for a decision and get your residence permit card here.

- If you arrive in Finland while your application is being processed and you wish to wait for a decision here, you need to cancel the application that you submitted outside Finland and submit a new residence permit application in Finland. We will charge you a new processing fee if you submit a new application.

- If you were in Finland when you submitted your application, you may wait in Finland while your application is being processed. You may wait in Finland even if your visa-free period of residence ends or your visa expires while you are waiting.