Student RP extension question and help

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
tulwio

Post by tulwio » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Hello,
I am currently a student and applying for a permit extension for studies. I also work part time (25h) and I have been financing my stay with my salary. (although I still have the EUR 6750 amount in my foreign bank account which I can access from Finland).
My contract expired on New Years and I am due to sign a new one with the same employer this week. However, I am in the process of student permit extension since my RP expired (I applied for the extension before the expiration so it's fine).

I was asked for additional documents concerning means of support since my foreign bank account showed only the amount of money but not regular monthly transactions. I then provided my Finnish bank account statements explaining that I was living off my salary, so then I was asked once again for additional documents regarding my work placement and salary.
So I have got two questions regarding this:
1. Since my contract ended in December, and I have lived off my savings in January with no transaction from my overseas account, will this create any issue with the Migri authorities?
2. My employer wants me to sign a new contract this week, however I am in the process of renewing my permit. Am I legally allowed to sign a new contract with him? I read something about the right to work being valid and continuing into the extension period when you are waiting for decision, but does that apply to signing new contracts?
3. In the case I am able to sign the new contract right away, would I able to provide it as additional means of support in my documents?

Sorry for the long post.
Cheers to whomever actually read it and replies back :ochesey:

Nobody will never ever, ever, really, really know, because the more you know, the more you know that you don't know !"#¤% - MF DOOM

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Student RP extension question and help

Post by tavastia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm

1. Migri cannot access the banks data. You could have saved some money before, there is no issue with that.
2. You can always sign a contract.
3. You can send additional information to your application from enterfinland.

tulwio

Post by tulwio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:19 am

tavastia wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm
1. Migri cannot access the banks data. You could have saved some money before, there is no issue with that.
Hi tavastia,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I thought so, at least for the first point. However, when it comes to the possibility of signing a new contract, are you sure? I wouldn't want Migri or the Police calling my workplace asking why I would be illegally contracted to the company.
My plan was to provide my past work contract as justification of means for my the past months, and add this new contract in as a additional info. So, if signing contract right now while my permit is expired is permissible, then it should all be good.
Cheers
Nobody will never ever, ever, really, really know, because the more you know, the more you know that you don't know !"#¤% - MF DOOM

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am

tulwio wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:19 am
tavastia wrote:
Hi tavastia,
I thought so, at least for the first point. However, when it comes to the possibility of signing a new contract, are you sure? I wouldn't want Migri or the Police calling my workplace asking why I would be illegally contracted to the company.
My plan was to provide my past work contract as justification of means for my the past months, and add this new contract in as a additional info. So, if signing contract right now while my permit is expired is permissible, then it should all be good.
Cheers
Everyone who wants to work in Finland must first sign a contract an then they can get the RP. Literally everyone. It is one of the requirements for work RP to have the contract.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

tulwio

Post by tulwio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:56 am

Upphew wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am
tulwio wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:19 am
tavastia wrote:
Hi tavastia,
Cheers
Everyone who wants to work in Finland must first sign a contract an then they can get the RP. Literally everyone. It is one of the requirements for work RP to have the contract.
I am applying for an extension of the Study RP. I am not working full time

In the migri page, it says:
In what conditions can I continue to work while my extended permit application is being processed?
You may continue working while your application for an extended permit is being processed if you applied for it before your previous residence permit expired and you meet one of the following conditions:

You have a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL) and you still work for the same employer or in the same field of work.
You have a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL) and you are applying for an extended permit on the basis of family ties. While your application for an extended permit is being processed, you have the right to work within the limits set by your residence permit for an employed person.
Your right to work is based on another residence permit, such as a residence permit on the basis of family ties or studies.
If you have a residence permit for seasonal work and you apply for an extended permit to continue working for the same employer.

As stated, the right to work differs when one is in Finland for studies or family ties. Now does that imply signing a new contract as well?