Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Last edited by bringmethehairspray on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Type A permit cancellation

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:10 am

bringmethehairspray wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm
I am very confused, because I thought I can still look for a job and continue working under the same permit once I find a new job.
You can. The permit is valid until cancelled.
So question is, how likely is it for them to cancel the permit? Is there anything I can do, outside of explaining the steps I am going to take to secure a new job soon? Thanks...
Likely. You should find a new job before the administrative process with appeals runs its course.

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Just curious why didn't you apply for a permanent residential permit instead of a second type A? or rejected for some reason? It seems like the recommended choice by migri.fi, after the first permit.

vla

Post by vla » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:49 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm
Just curious why didn't you apply for a permanent residential permit instead of a second type A? or rejected for some reason? It seems like the recommended choice by migri.fi, after the first permit.
Because type B is not the same as type A.

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Hey guys!
So I’ve been living in Finland for 7 years, first under type B permit and then under type A once I found a job. I changed jobs while I was on my first type A permit and then got the second A permit for 4 years. It’s still valid until 2021. 2 weeks ago my employment contract was terminated and I received a letter from Migri that they are considering cancelling my permit as the grounds for the permit no longer exist. And the letter also stated that I can express my opinion on the matter but the decision is going to be made regardless if I submit it or not.
I am very confused, because I thought I can still look for a job and continue working under the same permit once I find a new job.
So question is, how likely is it for them to cancel the permit? Is there anything I can do, outside of explaining the steps I am going to take to secure a new job soon? Thanks...
Was your ‘A permit’ work specific? Like some particular work-specific or were you open to do any work?

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Hey,

Yes you can still get another job.I somehow got a letter similar to yours and I responded to it.

Have you responded to yours yet?How did it go?

You can try get another job and apply for a permit with that.Maybe that can work?

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Mitch19 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Hey,

Yes you can still get another job.I somehow got a letter similar to yours and I responded to it.

You can try get another job and apply for a permit with that.Maybe that can work?
I responded to them explaining that I've been living here a long time, that I know that I can secure a job soon and will inform them once I do. No response (although it's been over a month since I got the letter).

I got a job offer on friday and sent them another email saying that I found a job (also attached employment agreement). I guess now I again have grounds for staying here, but I don't know if it's going to affect their decision? Will they require me to apply for a new permit for a new job or just let me keep my existing permit? Also do you know if it can have a negative effect when I apply for permanent residence in a few years? What did you respond to your letter?

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:40 am

When they wrote me the letter they requested me for all my work contracts and payslips which I submitted, but they haven't responded yet.

About needing a new residence permit, i think yes you need to apply for a new one if the one that you had before is in a different field of work. So that, even if Migri cancels the old permit based on the fact that you don't have that job anymore, you have other legal grounds because you have another job.

But to be on the safe side, just go ty o Migri and consult.

All the best and let me know how it goes.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:44 am

I got a job offer on friday and sent them another email saying that I found a job (also attached employment agreement). I guess now I again have grounds for staying here, but I don't know if it's going to affect their decision? Will they require me to apply for a new permit for a new job or just let me keep my existing permit?
With a new job you probably fulfill the requirements for a RP. If all goes smoothly they should extend your RP. But emails might get lost or overlooked and you might get a refusal. Then you can appeal with the new information and stay in Finland until its decision.

bringmethehairspray

Post by bringmethehairspray » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:55 am

So, I called migri today. They said that they got my first letter and that my permit is valid until 2021 and I can work. They haven’t received an employment agreement that I sent just yet (understandably), but I can start working and there’s no issue there. Now just hope that this is it and I get to keep my residence. Will post an update when I receive an official letter!

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:52 am

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Mitch19 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Hey,

If your RP is work-specific (meaning for specific field of work), you can continue working in the same field. Otherwise, you will have to apply for the new RP.

I responded to them explaining that I've been living here a long time, that I know that I can secure a job soon and will inform them once I do. No response (although it's been over a month since I got the letter).

I got a job offer on friday and sent them another email saying that I found a job (also attached employment agreement). I guess now I again have grounds for staying here, but I don't know if it's going to affect their decision? Will they require me to apply for a new permit for a new job or just let me keep my existing permit? Also do you know if it can have a negative effect when I apply for permanent residence in a few years? What did you respond to your letter?

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:11 pm

That's some good news right there.