Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
suomenkansa10

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by suomenkansa10 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Any new updates? Silence for a long on this thread 🧐

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:22 pm

nothing from 13.07.2018 Helsinki

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 am

Hello. Migri asked addition infornation yesterday, 5.3. Answered same day. Waiting

mozy1312

Post by mozy1312 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Hello
Which kind of additional information they usually ask?

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Hey. Different, trip, income. They asked me why in a two-room apartment where I live 6 adult people registered. But it was a magistrate’s mistake. I received a positive decision this morning, yesterday at noon they asked me a question about who lives in the apartment with me.

italosuomalainen

Post by italosuomalainen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 am

While there may be compelling reasons for the backlog in processing citizenship applications many of us are experiencing, it's no less puzzling. Is anyone aware of the maahanmuuttovirasto firing a large number of their employees...or of a surge of applications that they need to prioritize...or of any other reason for the delays in processing time? Here many of us still are, waiting patiently. Maybe I'm a little presumptuous here - but if an applicant fulfills the prerequisites for citizenship, what are the processing delays about?

Myself, I received an email 3+ weeks ago from the maahanmuuttovirasto, encouraging me to upload copies of my pay slips and a list of my trips outside of Finland since I submitted my application (which was late August 2018). I thought this meant my application might soon be up for processing. I've been dutifully uploading this kind of information once a month in any event. Application's still stuck on "odottaa käsittelyä" (i.e. the first step), though. According to the latest calculations, my application should have been processed by now.

The cynic in me is starting to think that after this year's parliamentary elections are over, the backlog will suddenly be resolved. Individual votes carry much more weight here, after all...and there's a government in power that isn't exactly immigrant-friendly. Imagine what a few thousand votes from newly-minted Finnish citizens might mean in that context.

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:52 pm

I have got positive decision yesterday. So 7 months and 2 weeks waiting.

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:54 am

italosuomalainen wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 am
While there may be compelling reasons for the backlog in processing citizenship applications many of us are experiencing, it's no less puzzling. Is anyone aware of the maahanmuuttovirasto firing a large number of their employees...or of a surge of applications that they need to prioritize...or of any other reason for the delays in processing time? Here many of us still are, waiting patiently. Maybe I'm a little presumptuous here - but if an applicant fulfills the prerequisites for citizenship, what are the processing delays about?

Myself, I received an email 3+ weeks ago from the maahanmuuttovirasto, encouraging me to upload copies of my pay slips and a list of my trips outside of Finland since I submitted my application (which was late August 2018). I thought this meant my application might soon be up for processing. I've been dutifully uploading this kind of information once a month in any event. Application's still stuck on "odottaa käsittelyä" (i.e. the first step), though. According to the latest calculations, my application should have been processed by now.

The cynic in me is starting to think that after this year's parliamentary elections are over, the backlog will suddenly be resolved. Individual votes carry much more weight here, after all...and there's a government in power that isn't exactly immigrant-friendly. Imagine what a few thousand votes from newly-minted Finnish citizens might mean in that context.
That email that you received, I received when it was 6 month since my application ‘via enterfinland’ (not the date of identity. Anyway, it’s over 7 months now for me and still waiting for the decision. So, you might have to wait a bit longer maybe but who knows what and how things go around in the background because some people even get decisions within 5 months or even earlier even though your application and their application have the same grounds. I think they prioritize certain nationalities and grant them earliest. That’s my solid observation. Nonetheless, they do have some kind of confidential classification of how and which applications they process first.

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Today I received Supplementary requests:

1. Your residence period is 4,5 years (even though it’s 4 yr 10.5 months) . Explain why you applied earlier or why you should be given an exception to a 5 year time.

2. Income for two months in January 2018 and for 2019.

3. Have you travelled after applying for the citizenship?

4. The unexpected thing: Submit your passport or idedntity documents that you may have. The original passports of your home country. Maybe they want to tele my travel history with them. More importantly, I believe they asked me for this because the passport that I took with me was made in 2016 while they might be interested in my old passport too to check travel stamps perhaps.

I put the passports in mailbox today. Not sure how long is it gonna take because my passports might be sent to Helsinki. No idea. Let’s see how long it takes.

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:38 pm

I think they prioritize certain nationalities and grant them earliest. That’s my solid observation. Nonetheless, they do have some kind of confidential classification of how and which applications they process first.
i don't think so, I know Russians who got citizenship after 2 months, after 6 months, after 8, after 1.5 years, and me after 7,5 months. so... just wait

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 pm

suomenkansa10 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:19 pm
Today I received Supplementary requests:

1. Your residence period is 4,5 years (even though it’s 4 yr 10.5 months) . Explain why you applied earlier or why you should be given an exception to a 5 year time.
why you apply earlier? do you have reason?

kuusipalaa

Post by kuusipalaa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm

suomenkansa10 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:19 pm

I put the passports in mailbox today. Not sure how long is it gonna take because my passports might be sent to Helsinki. No idea. Let’s see how long it takes.
I think its not so good idea to put pass in mailbox)

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 pm

kuusipalaa wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:38 pm
I think they prioritize certain nationalities and grant them earliest. That’s my solid observation. Nonetheless, they do have some kind of confidential classification of how and which applications they process first.
i don't think so, I know Russians who got citizenship after 2 months, after 6 months, after 8, after 1.5 years, and me after 7,5 months. so... just wait
Actually the thing that you are stating is because of different variables and circumstances. Let me explain, you know a Russian getting citizenship in 2 months but you will never come across someone of ‘xyz nationality’ getting it in 2 months no matter what. In short, the quicket and earliest time for different nationalities vary a lot. Regardless of if some of them got it late. I hope that makes it clear :)

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:15 pm

[/quote]

why you apply earlier? do you have reason?
[/quote]

Technically and officially, you can apply after 4 years instead of 5, if you have strong ties with Finland and migri itself states that by strong ties for example you have passed the Yki test 😁

I even know two guys who applied at 3.5 years, got the citizenship in 5 months meaning that they hadn’t even completed 4 years and they got citizenship already around 3 years 11 months.

suomenkansa10

Post by suomenkansa10 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:17 pm

[/quote]

I think its not so good idea to put pass in mailbox)
[/quote]

That’s true but they asked me to do so at Migri office. I was skeptical myself but they said no problem, you can drop in the mailbox. Let’s hope Posti doesn’t do screw up :D