This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at https://www.finlandforum.org.
1. Forum rules
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". This list is not exhaustive and includes not inserting excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, artificially inflating their post count. Similarly users should not SHOUT (typing in all caps) or use excessive punctuation in topic titles or posts. Finland Forum discourages the excessive and continued use of negativity in posts. Users in violation of this are liable to have their posts removed (without notification) and even receive a warning or ban.
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderators Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 24 hours. Members who consistently "act" as moderators may be warned (see policing below).
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Topics which aim to debate US politics, the Middle East conflict, race or religion are likely to be removed. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, attempts to circumvent word cencors etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or a ban.
5. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
6. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or a ban.
7. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. They should also include as much information as possible relating to their query in the message body. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me to get a job in Finland!", "I want to move to Finland what do I do?" and "Why do Finns always...".
8. Unsolicited advertising or spamming the site in any way, shape or form is not tolerated under any circumstance. Such posts will be removed without notice. Contact support if you wish to advertise.
9. The moderators, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as inappropriate, indecent, vulgar, spam etc. as noted in these points is up to Forum Moderators or Administrators and not users.
10. Do not cross post (post the same question in multiple categories), it's likely if you do this that all of your posts will be removed.
11. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of the use of the site.
12. This forum operates a single user account policy. Users who operate multiple accounts are liable to have all accounts revoked and will be banned.
13. Finland Forum reserves the right to modify the forum rules at any time and without notice.
Please read and become familiar with the signature policy: https://www.finlandforum.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3238
Please read and become familiar with the avatar policy: https://www.finlandforum.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3238
1. Finland Forum operates a two strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of two times for any and all offences in a three month period.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed two strikes a ban will be put in place.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove the warning at their discression. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact the Admin. Contacting the Admin over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... group members do not want to be bothered unless vital.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
5. An exception to the two strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate and permanent ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Finland Forum may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Use of Forum and General Posting Policy
- Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic