How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
agroot

Re: .

Post by agroot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm

What happened to the subject and first post?

I hope OP isn't giving up after hearing the stories :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 pm

If you paid for healthcare in US you will not complain here, trust me! Grass always looks greener on the other side. How about trying to fix whats broken instead of running away?

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 am

deepsudeep wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 pm
If you paid for healthcare in US you will not complain here, trust me! Grass always looks greener on the other side. How about trying to fix whats broken instead of running away?
Are you asking the Finns who are running away, or other people who are running from their countries to here? :D

Oombongo

Re: Tell me your arrival stories?

Post by Oombongo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 am

jarikaija wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 pm
But sure, when I get retirement, I move to Thailand :lol:
I'm not sure if government will have money to retirement by then, or will be cut to lower amount, or whether you'd be allowed to retire to other affordable country.
Image Image

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:58 am

agroot wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm
What happened to the subject and first post?

I hope OP isn't giving up after hearing the stories :)
OP got more than arrival stories and decided that this thread isn't worth the opening post.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 am

Oombongo wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:12 am
jarikaija wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 pm
But sure, when I get retirement, I move to Thailand :lol:
I'm not sure if government will have money to retirement by then, or will be cut to lower amount, or whether you'd be allowed to retire to other affordable country.
We have heard over 50 years already, that government will not have
money to pay Pensions... So what... Just mumbojumbo talk...

And I don't believe, that Thailand will never reject my retirement visa.
In fact, I could get it already, since I don't have criminal records,
I'm over 50 and I have required money to show for Thai immigrant..
And since I'm married with Thai, I need only half of required money,
what other need. Anyway... I still have 15 years to real retirement day...

And neighbour countries of Thailand have even less requirements
for retirement visa.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am

Upphew wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:22 pm
jarikaija wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm
- No freedom to talk anymore what want
Bull. !"#¤%. You can spew what you want from your mouth. Back in the day you could do the same, someone might have decided to put fist to your mouth but you could do that. It is more likely to take responsibility to what you say in court now and more unlikely to get some instant feedback in physical form. But no one is stopping you.
Bull for yourself... When I'm was an young. We use "neekeri", "mustalainen", "ryssä" as
normal words on our childhood. We didn't say those because we want to insult, we use
those words, since all of them and similar was a just normal talk.

And now, if we have something to complain about refugees, how they behave and so on,
we are instantly racists and could get even charged... Yeah, freedom to speech...
That is !"#¤%!

Some of banned words:

NEEKERI
RYSSÄ
MUTAKUONO
RÄTTIPÄÄ
KARVAKÄMMEN
MUSTALAINEN

....and A LOT more...

I just wait, when INSINÖÖRI is banned too... I use that "Nick name" for refugees... All of them seems to be so over educated...

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 am

jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am
Upphew wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:22 pm
jarikaija wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm
- No freedom to talk anymore what want
Bull. !"#¤%. You can spew what you want from your mouth. Back in the day you could do the same, someone might have decided to put fist to your mouth but you could do that. It is more likely to take responsibility to what you say in court now and more unlikely to get some instant feedback in physical form. But no one is stopping you.
Bull for yourself... When I'm was an young. We use "neekeri", "mustalainen", "ryssä" as
normal words on our childhood. We didn't say those because we want to insult, we use
those words, since all of them and similar was a just normal talk.

And now, if we have something to complain about refugees, how they behave and so on,
we are instantly racists and could get even charged... Yeah, freedom to speech...
That is !"#¤%!

Some of banned words:

NEEKERI
RYSSÄ
MUTAKUONO
RÄTTIPÄÄ
KARVAKÄMMEN
MUSTALAINEN

....and A LOT more...

I just wait, when INSINÖÖRI is banned too... I use that "Nick name" for refugees... All of them seems to be so over educated...
No, you don't automatically get labelled as racist. You get labelled as racist when you wind yourself up and blurt out that mutakuonot tulee lokkimaan sossurahoja ja vie naiset ja työpaikat!

Minorities and people who are picked on get now more protections than back in the day. Back in the day Romani men would take care of your badmouthing themselves. I prefer the modern way.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:58 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 am
deepsudeep wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 pm
Are you asking the Finns who are running away, or other people who are running from their countries to here? :D
Both I guess!

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm

jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 am
for retirement visa.
Money is all you need to move to some of them. But buying or renting a home of ordinary quality in SE asia is likely to be a lot more expensive than in Finland, saves Helsinki. Services is all that is cheap.

In one of Thailand's neighbors, I had to get an expensive studio in a commercially managed zone to have unpolluted public space and a few days of water reserve (yes they can run out of water every year despite of all the flooding!). Their tiny numbers of professionals and people with real jobs pay over 20% income tax for absolutely nothing in return, the rest live in Les Miserables.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:53 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm
jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 am
for retirement visa.
Money is all you need to move to some of them. But buying or renting a home of ordinary quality in SE asia is likely to be a lot more expensive than in Finland, saves Helsinki. Services is all that is cheap.

In one of Thailand's neighbors, I had to get an expensive studio in a commercially managed zone to have unpolluted public space and a few days of water reserve (yes they can run out of water every year despite of all the flooding!). Their tiny numbers of professionals and people with real jobs pay over 20% income tax for absolutely nothing in return, the rest live in Les Miserables.
I already know how much my wife have to pay of land for house, how much I have to pay about
house itself and how much are monthly expensives... Not even NEAR how much my house
at finland costs and warming and and and and.... About 25% what I had to pay at Finland all
of those...

And I don't have to pay taxes to Thailand from my pension. I have to pay that tax TO FINLAND,
even I live at Thailand...

It is soooooooo different kind of thing living there with retirement money from Finland,
than been original Thai, or Laos, or Myanmar.... whatever...
Last edited by jarikaija on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

network_engineer

Taxes NOT a moral obligation

Post by network_engineer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm
pay over 20% income tax for absolutely nothing in return, the rest live in Les Miserables.
That's one big beef as I see it, and why single out Thailand, even the US for that matter. I've stated this before: Paying taxes is NOT a moral obligation of any sort. It is purely money in exchange for services. Money, being the reward and product of a person's labour. Money that belongs to a) first services to self, and then b) community and country. In that order. Services including healthcare, education, childcare, security, defence, fire-services and the like, and similar. I think society as such needs to be more active in ensuring that.

If e.g. one has to pay their own health, schooling, childcare, all life costs, and with no safety net - tell me again, *why should one give their money (taxes) in exchange for [nothing]?*

Sadly, that's what politics (increasingly in Finland as can be seen) - mob and collective identity!
jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:53 pm
And I don't have to pay taxes to Thailand from my pension. I have to pay that tax TO FINLAND, even I live at Thailand...
And what are you paying the taxes for? I think at some point somebody needs to push this through. Fly back, demand a medical treatment. Because if you pay taxes, it does not matter what document says what, either they admit to Ärmed-r0bbery and moral corruption (taking money without any benefits) or give you treatment as with any other resident at par.
Last edited by network_engineer on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:11 pm

... double post ... what's happening with the db?

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:50 pm

jarikaija wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:53 pm
I already know how much my wife have to pay of land for house, how much I have to pay about
house itself and how much are monthly expensives... Not even NEAR how much my house
at finland costs and warming and and and and.... About 25% what I had to pay at Finland all
of those...
House, not apartment. Yes land value in countryside is an entirely different matter (I can only survive in cities). But what about insulation, multi-layer window, waterproof and tiling works, air and water filtering?

Anyway, I wouldn't live in a house in SE asia willingly, without security guard, sealed garbage dumpster, reliable mailbox, backup water and electricity generator, etc. I've been there, got flooded, tons of insects, and cheap things stolen. Maybe Thailand is better, though. But I heard in Bangkok the air is even worse than the place I stayed.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:48 pm

THE TOPIC IS TELL YOUR ARRIVAL STORIES