Visa Denial and Appeal

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Mitch19

Visa Denial and Appeal

Post by Mitch19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello guys,

I have a question,we applied for a Visa for my fiancee to come visit me for 90 days from a Non-EU country.

The Visa was denied and the reason being the main reason for visit wasn't clear and the intend to leave the territory after the visit wasn't clear.

When making the application, we made the reasons very clear and all the documents supporting the same were submitted.

Could someone please advice me on how to go about the appeal?Has anyone ever appealed and got a positive response after that?

I will appreciate all your advice.

Thanks

Visa Denial and Appeal

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Visa Denial and Appeal

Post by Upphew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Mitch19 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 pm
Hello guys,

I have a question,we applied for a Visa for my fiancee to come visit me for 90 days from a Non-EU country.

The Visa was denied and the reason being the main reason for visit wasn't clear and the intend to leave the territory after the visit wasn't clear.

When making the application, we made the reasons very clear and all the documents supporting the same were submitted.

Could someone please advice me on how to go about the appeal?Has anyone ever appealed and got a positive response after that?

I will appreciate all your advice.

Thanks
You probably wrote some essay with big words when you should just have written: "We like to @#$%, easier when in same place" and "leaving after the visit, here is the flight ticket and work won't look nice if I stay away any longer."
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Well,

So based on your response,would you kindly advise in what to do,because hilarious as your response is,I would as well appreciate your 2cents on the way forward.

Kinds stressed at the moment:-(

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi,

The above answer was actually correct. Remember, you are dealing with single cell creatures in a bureaucratic system, the more information you give them, the more likely you will confuse them into a denial. Single line sentences greatly help. Use Finnish if you are a Finn.

If the person is your fiancée, then make that clear as well, stating clearly the intention to get married, as well as other details, e.g. the date, location etc.

In the above case, or just a friend visiting, you could put in additional information, e.g. provide reasonable and compelling evidence that the person intends to go back to the home country. Compelling evidence in the mind of a Finn is e.g. an apartment that they rent/ own. A job. Kids. return tickets etc.

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Network Enginner,

Thanks soo much for your insite,

Much appreciated.I think the mistake I made was,I wrote a long letter full of our itinerary with the visiting details and the places we will visit and all.

I think I need to cut down on that.

So,would you advice that we immediately make s fresh application with the same details or should we appeal?

Unfortunately am not a Finn,so not able to write the letter in Finnish :(

Thank you once again.

biswajit.sharma

Post by biswajit.sharma » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Visit VISAs are usually simple.

1. Flight Tickets - to and Fro. (Make sure the flights adhere to the tenure you are applying for in the VISA)
2. Place of stay - if at your house, give your address and your contact details.
3. Proof of fund - If you are sponsoring, your income details and a letter stating you will indeed sponsor.
4. Travel Insurance - covering medical etc.

Now if it is denied, usually there is a cooling period before you can apply again. But certainly apply

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Thanks Sharma,

Yes,we did provide all that information but the person making the decision just decided to reject it,because the reason they are giving,all the information is within the application and its attachment.

What's usually the cooling period if you would advice?

Thanks

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 am

if you applied for a Schengen visa, any other schengen country can veto the decision. it is not only Finland who decides.

basically your fiancee needs to show enough connections at her home country: a job, children, property and so on to convince that she intends to return back.

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:15 am

stating clearly the intention to get married,
This can often be interpreted as reason not to leave.

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 am

inkku wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 am
if you applied for a Schengen visa, any other schengen country can veto the decision. it is not only Finland who decides.

basically your fiancee needs to show enough connections at her home country: a job, children, property and so on to convince that she intends to return back.
We provided all this ,she has travelled here before,and has a permanent job back home which we also provided the documents to the embassy,so we really dont understand the reason as to why it was rejectd, and based on that we, we thinking of either reapplying as appealing the decision is more expensive than making another application

biswajit.sharma

Post by biswajit.sharma » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 am

inkku wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:41 am
Now a days the first Port of Entry should be the country you have got your VISA from.
(The very first time you enter Schengen area with the given VISA)

While they usually do not deny entry if that's not the case, they have the right to do so - if things seem inconsistent.

Mitch19 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm
What's usually the cooling period if you would advice?
Usually the embassy or VISA Handling agency (such as VFS Global in some countries) can respond to this query.
But for a Visit VISA I wouldn't think it would be more than a month/two.
(This is my guess)

Have you considered the possibility of minor mistakes in the Application? Like Typo etc.
Sometimes those things prohibit VISA officers to proceed, so they are forced to reject.

Well my suggestion is re-apply in a couple of weeks, that's your best bet.

Mitch19

Post by Mitch19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Sharma,

Will definitely have a look at the application again to root out any typos.

Thanks alot for your advice.

Will make the application again