New studies in the middle of an appeal

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am

Hey guys and sorry for coming up with the MP_1 thing again, but would appreciate any advice concerning this. i will do my best to keep it as short as possible.

Actually, i'm appealing for my study permit (Bachelor last year) extension, for lacking credits, had 19, eventually and within the appeal deadline, i appealed with 39 more and still waiting, when i asked Migri about what would happen if i graduate in the middle of the appeal and if i can apply for a job seeking permit, basically,they said that if i do so and graduate in the middle of the appeal, i'm no student anymore, and since i don't have a valid study permit in hand, i can't either apply for a job seeking permit (as having a valid permit is a prerequisite), also they where very comforting about the matter, as the lady told me that if my appeal is accepted the application will be returned to them, and they will check again if the study requirements are still met.

To the issue now, so now i got conditionally accepted in a Master (mostly done with my bachelor thesis), and since i'm appealing, no valid permit, and still in Finland, i need to fill the MP_1, to apply for a new first permit, but the thing is that i read that it only concern exceptional cases, while for others it's just a formality there to hinder people from overstaying when rejected, but anyway, if i fill the form and apply (and meet the requirements, graduated, insurance, and so on), let say i apply in Mai, then i just wait here and get the permit here, or there is chances i will be told to leave Finland and apply/wait from abroad.

Thankful for any insights. (not so short after all hein!!! :D )

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: New studies in the middle of an appeal

Post by biryvih » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 am

alexilaiho wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am
Hey guys and sorry for coming up with the MP_1 thing again, but would appreciate any advice concerning this. i will do my best to keep it as short as possible.

Actually, i'm appealing for my study permit (Bachelor last year) extension, for lacking credits, had 19, eventually and within the appeal deadline, i appealed with 39 more and still waiting, when i asked Migri about what would happen if i graduate in the middle of the appeal and if i can apply for a job seeking permit, basically,they said that if i do so and graduate in the middle of the appeal, i'm no student anymore, and since i don't have a valid study permit in hand, i can't either apply for a job seeking permit (as having a valid permit is a prerequisite), also they where very comforting about the matter, as the lady told me that if my appeal is accepted the application will be returned to them, and they will check again if the study requirements are still met.

To the issue now, so now i got conditionally accepted in a Master (mostly done with my bachelor thesis), and since i'm appealing, no valid permit, and still in Finland, i need to fill the MP_1, to apply for a new first permit, but the thing is that i read that it only concern exceptional cases, while for others it's just a formality there to hinder people from overstaying when rejected, but anyway, if i fill the form and apply (and meet the requirements, graduated, insurance, and so on), let say i apply in Mai, then i just wait here and get the permit here, or there is chances i will be told to leave Finland and apply/wait from abroad.

Hei, I am not sure if it changes anything. You will start your new degree and you'll stay student. But you can update Migri with new information. It might help to solve your case a bit faster?

About the work permit thing? Mmm you can start applying for work opportunities, and as soon as you find one, apply for work permit before going to work, since you have no valid permit at the moment.

There can be a third option. If you graduate in between, you can apply for permit for looking for job, I think it is a temp permit, and normally people get this permit quite easily, if you have graduated.

Cheers :beer_yum:

alexilaiho

Re: New studies in the middle of an appeal

Post by alexilaiho » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm

biryvih wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 am
alexilaiho wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am

Hei, I am not sure if it changes anything. You will start your new degree and you'll stay student. But you can update Migri with new information. It might help to solve your case a bit faster?

About the work permit thing? Mmm you can start applying for work opportunities, and as soon as you find one, apply for work permit before going to work, since you have no valid permit at the moment.

There can be a third option. If you graduate in between, you can apply for permit for looking for job, I think it is a temp permit, and normally people get this permit quite easily, if you have graduated.

Cheers :beer_yum:
Thanks for your insights, actually the third option is not possible as holding a valid permit is a requirement for applying job seeking permit, as for the second option, that's quite difficult, i will seek legal advice and see