People Of Rovaniemi

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ranou12

People Of Rovaniemi

Post by ranou12 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Hello people living in Rovaniemi!
I have moved since January here and everything is okay so far except meeting people and making friends !! I am posting this in order to make friends living nearby :)
So Hello Hello and Tervetuloa , Feel free to comment on my post and let's have a chat !!

People Of Rovaniemi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: People Of Rovaniemi

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

How could you possibly find a job in Rovaniemi!? I wonder what expats do outside of Helsinki...

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm
How could you possibly find a job in Rovaniemi!? I wonder what expats do outside of Helsinki...
Lots of us do just fine outside of Helsinki. I lived a year in Helsinki and now going on fourth year in the north living in a much smaller town than Rovaniemi. I have integrated much better here than ever would have been possible in Helsinki and have become fluent in Finnish largely because lots of locals do not speak English here. Everyone is different, of course. However, I personally feel like limiting myself to the capital region would have a bad decision for myself.

Advice to the OP: look for Facebook groups like couch surfers in Rovaniemi and find a hobby that will allow you to interact with locals. Doesn’t matter what it is; sports, dance, aerobics, art, etc. Just find something you enjoy that will help you to meet others. It may take some time but the other people will get to know you.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 am

agroot wrote:
Dude Helsinki is not = Finland = New York :D
I have never lived in Helsinki, nor have I ever lived in a bigger city in Finland. Things are pretty easy to deal with, more interaction with locals. More time with friends, and yeah it is not "impossible" to find a job outside Helsinki. You should try it sometime.. It is niceee and peaceful :)

biswajit.sharma

Post by biswajit.sharma » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 pm

agroot wrote:
There are plenty of opportunities outside of Helsinki - Tampere, Turku, Oulu ... many more.