Applying for student visa while on travel visa

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
dee45

Post by dee45 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 am

Hey guys,

I have been accepted to study in Tampere University this year. I'm from India, and I'm planning to go to Finland on travel visa and apply for my permit there. Has anyone here done that and received their permit?
Also, does Migri reject applications if I apply there?
And, should I mention that I am applying for student visa, in my travel visa application?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Applying for student visa while on travel visa

Post by rinso » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 am

dee45 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 am
Hey guys,

I have been accepted to study in Tampere University this year. I'm from India, and I'm planning to go to Finland on travel visa and apply for my permit there. Has anyone here done that and received their permit?
Also, does Migri reject applications if I apply there?
And, should I mention that I am applying for student visa, in my travel visa application?
Not a good idea. Applications for student residents permits (not visa) are treated with priority.
A visiting visa with the intention to stay might get rejected.
And there is still plenty of time for your study permit to be dealt with in the normal way. Most study permit applications are sent in much later and still make it on time.

136472Makemake

Re: Applying for student visa while on travel visa

Post by 136472Makemake » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Absolutely do not do that. If you mention such intention for the tourist visa it will be rejected, and if you apply for the student permit from Finland with a tourist visa it will be rejected. Apply for it from India, it shouldn't take more than 2 months if all your documents are in order, and usually it's around one month or less. Also welcome to TUNI : -)