Positive Decision Work Permit. Arriving in Finland without the card and changing where you receive the card.

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nejdi94

Positive Decision Work Permit. Arriving in Finland without the card and changing where you receive the card.

Post by nejdi94 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:56 am

Hello.

My brother has received a positive decision today from Migri for his work permit.
As his work contract has already started he would like to arrive in Finland before receiving the residence permit card and wait for it here.

The situation is like this.

He is from Albania. Albanians are allowed to travel in Schengen without Visa but only for travelling purposes.
Usually you are requested to present a ticket that shows that you will return at some point within 3 months or whatever you have left to travel within 6 month. (The rule is that every 6 months you should not be in Schengen longer than 3 months).
He applied form the Finnish Embassy in Greece.
The address in the application was the one he is living currently in Albania and he is currently going to receive his work permit card there.

I have two questions

- Is it possible/good idea for him to arrive with his travel visa and show the guys at the passport control the decision and telling them the actual reason he is coming to work after receiving a positive permit but his card is not yet produced so he would enter with his travel visa? (Or better just buy a two way ticket and then just stay and work here? The work permit started as of today 23.05.2019 )
- Is it possible for him to change the address and instruct Migri to send the card to my place in Finland (I live in Finland currently)?

Any suggestions are welcome. What would you say is the best way to handle the situation and get to start working in Finland?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Positive Decision Work Permit. Arriving in Finland without the card and changing where you receive the card.

Post by tavastia » Mon May 27, 2019 2:05 pm

- Is it possible/good idea for him to arrive with his travel visa and show the guys at the passport control the decision and telling them the actual reason he is coming to work after receiving a positive permit but his card is not yet produced so he would enter with his travel visa? (Or better just buy a two way ticket and then just stay and work here? The work permit started as of today 23.05.2019 )
If he enters in Shengen in Finland maybe will work, issue maybe with the airline as they may not let him to leave if it does not have all the conditions for his visa free traveling.

- Is it possible for him to change the address and instruct Migri to send the card to my place in Finland (I live in Finland currently)?

Migri will send the card to the Embassy where was applied for, cannot change the delivery address.

Maeke

Re: Positive Decision Work Permit. Arriving in Finland without the card and changing where you receive the card.

Post by Maeke » Mon May 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Not possible. Migri has to send the card to the embassy where the fingerprints where taken. He is lucky he hasnt requested the change before the decision was made. Migri would have cancelled the RP and ask him to start a new demand in Finland.
If I may ask, why is he souch in a hurry... He went through the toughest part. Let him just wait. My RP card arrived a week after the positive decision. So that is basically nothing

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon May 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Not worth the risk of having the permit cancelled. Wait for it to be delivered. Migri will cancel if they see anything suspicious like what you are planning.

nejdi94

Post by nejdi94 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello guys.
Thanks for the responses. Everything went alright. The card was sent by the embassy to Finland. And the paper that shows the decision was enough for him to enter Finland. No issues at all.

mlhardesty

Post by mlhardesty » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:20 am

Just curious...did he have to file any paperwork to get the permit sent to Finland instead of Albania. My son is waiting for a residence permit for studies and we are wondering the same thing you were.