Studies or work permit?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
anastasiia16

Studies or work permit?

Post by anastasiia16 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello everyone. I have an issue with a residence permit application. On August 15 my current residence permit for studies will expire. However, I have a final thesis presentation on the 31st of August, and I'll graduate in September. Before the expiration date, I want to apply for the new permit card. What type of residence permit I would be eligible for: the extended residence permit for studies or the work permit? Is it possible to extend the studies-related permit for one more year, if I am graduating in September? How much the administration fee would be if I'll change the type of permit from studies to work?

Studies or work permit?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Studies or work permit?

Post by rinso » Tue May 28, 2019 3:15 pm

anastasiia16 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello everyone. I have an issue with a residence permit application. On August 15 my current residence permit for studies will expire. However, I have a final thesis presentation on the 31st of August, and I'll graduate in September. Before the expiration date, I want to apply for the new permit card. What type of residence permit I would be eligible for: the extended residence permit for studies or the work permit? Is it possible to extend the studies-related permit for one more year, if I am graduating in September? How much the administration fee would be if I'll change the type of permit from studies to work?
If you don't have a work contract, the only option is an extended study permit. Since it is so close to your graduation it is possible they grant it only for a limited time (6 months ?) so you can look for work.