Holidays for a researcher at university in Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
dbterminator

Post by dbterminator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi All,

Could anyone advise on the number of days per year holiday, for a researcher at university?

I am struggling to find one number! - I am amazed on why this is so complicated (In england, you are simply given a number of days per year). I am told by my employer that I need to work 1624 hours per year, and the rest is for me left as holidays...But with this calculation I am getting about 8 weeks of holidays. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Saif

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Holidays for a researcher at university in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:55 pm

dbterminator wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm
Hi All,

Could anyone advise on the number of days per year holiday, for a researcher at university?

I am struggling to find one number! - I am amazed on why this is so complicated (In england, you are simply given a number of days per year). I am told by my employer that I need to work 1624 hours per year, and the rest is for me left as holidays...But with this calculation I am getting about 8 weeks of holidays. Any advise would be appreciated.
It's a simple as you have been told. The contract does allow for plenty of holidays.

https://tieteentekijoidenliitto.fi/en/e ... d_absences