Which bank is more convenient?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ShahriarShafeen

Post by ShahriarShafeen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi good people ! I need to know which bank is best considering charges, saving money and specially giving loan. I'm using s-pankki but everything in finnish so understand nothing. :( i'm confused, should i stay with them or make a new one
Which bank gives easy small personal loan (like 10k) with low interest?
Am i eligible to get it if i have a fixed job and want to repay with a fixed amount every month as i've been living here only for few months with 4 years rp.
I heared about other private finance companies. What is the better option for small loan? Bank or private companies.
Looking for your suggestions. Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ShahriarShafeen

Re: Which bank is more convenient?

Post by ShahriarShafeen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:46 am

Nobody to give any reply :roll: :(

vla

Post by vla » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 am

ShahriarShafeen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:46 am
Nobody to give any reply :roll: :(
You have been living only a few months in Finland and you already need a loan?

I like the Nordea bank, althought not many here seems to like it. Everything is in english and it works fine, at least for me and my wife.

I have never taken a loan so I cannot help on that side.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:23 pm

ShahriarShafeen wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 pm
Am i eligible to get it if i have a fixed job and want to repay with a fixed amount every month as i've been living here only for few months with 4 years rp.
Unlikely since you are usually only considered credit worthy after a couple years of residence.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 am

having everything in english is good because the banks often won't lend to people who can't understand the contract, unlike years ago when it didn't matter that you could not understand the 10 page loan contract.

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am

S Bank is the only bank which provides you services free of charge. Nordea charges for everything. You'll be paying 50-100 euros/year to Nordea just for the English language. Loan and interest conditions shouldn't be very different in different banks for a common customer.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 am

Marsh04 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am
Loan and interest conditions shouldn't be very different in different banks for a common customer.
Seemingly small differences in marginals do rack up over years. Especially for mortgages it makes sense to ask many banks.

vla

Post by vla » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:38 am

Marsh04 wrote:
S Bank is the only bank which provides you services free of charge. Nordea charges for everything. You'll be paying 50-100 euros/year to Nordea just for the English language. Loan and interest conditions shouldn't be very different in different banks for a common customer.
I pay €48 per year in Nordea. I don't mind to pay more for a better service. But it's my opinion, and my money.

agroot

Post by agroot » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 pm

why don't you use Google Translate??

Also the website https://www.onlinedoctranslator.com/en/translationform is a free online PDF translator. I've been using it for appliance manuals. :)

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Marsh04 wrote:
s pankki is cheaper but not free, you have to become asiakas omistaja first, I think the joining fee is around 100e, then the basic services are free, but now they are starting to charge for almost anything else. Do you want a dedicated PIN number? 10 euros please. Do you want to renew your debit card before it expires? 10 euros please. Do you want a 3rd debit card linked to your account? 10 euros as well. Free foreign online banks like n26 and the bank account of transferwise are much better and cheaper

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Y77 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 pm
s pankki is cheaper but not free, you have to become asiakas omistaja first, I think the joining fee is around 100e
The 100€ is not a fee but a capital investment that you will get back when you stop being a member (assuming the legal entity still has the capital to pay you back).

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 pm
Y77 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 pm
s pankki is cheaper but not free, you have to become asiakas omistaja first, I think the joining fee is around 100e
The 100€ is not a fee but a capital investment that you will get back when you stop being a member (assuming the legal entity still has the capital to pay you back).
And they pay interest on that, some more, some less: https://www.sijoitussuomi.fi/nain-s-osu ... onna-2018/

edit 20% is hard to beat
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:38 pm

All banks charge for extra services. S-Bank charges for the third card while all other don't give a single free card.

S-bank is 50-100 euros/year cheaper than other banks.

You also get bonus for shopping at many places including prisma. Not bad to receive a few euros in your account every month from them.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Can someone explain how S-Pankki charge 100euros? When I opened an account I only paid 20euros and they even gave me an option to pay it from the bonuses that I would acquire in the future. For what I know though, you have to be at least a few years living in Finland to open an account with them. I tried to open an account with them when I just moved and I wasn't allowed so I opened with Nordea, I was automatically charged 5 or 6 euros per month from my Nordea account but I don't see any monthly charges from S-Pankki.

Regarding loans, you can apply from any bank even when do not have an account with them. You just need to submit all requirements that they ask and it is up to them to approve or deny then also they have different payment plan and interest so you get to choose which one will suit you. When I applied for a housing loan, I got the best deal from Aktia.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:55 am

nikskate wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:10 pm
Can someone explain how S-Pankki charge 100euros? When I opened an account I only paid 20euros and they even gave me an option to pay it from the bonuses that I would acquire in the future. For what I know though, you have to be at least a few years living in Finland to open an account with them. I tried to open an account with them when I just moved and I wasn't allowed so I opened with Nordea, I was automatically charged 5 or 6 euros per month from my Nordea account but I don't see any monthly charges from S-Pankki.

Regarding loans, you can apply from any bank even when do not have an account with them. You just need to submit all requirements that they ask and it is up to them to approve or deny then also they have different payment plan and interest so you get to choose which one will suit you. When I applied for a housing loan, I got the best deal from Aktia.
have a look at the answer above. When I opened my s-pankki account in 2013 I remembered I paid around 100 euros. Someone in the forum said that it is not a joining fee and the money will be given back to me if and when I close the account, better so, I didn't know it, for anything above the very basic services is just a long list of 10 euros extra, even the 2nd debit card, if you want it written in swedish instead of finnish, so you get them mixed up, is 10 euros extra. The other banks are even worse. Consider opening an account with N26 or the borderless account of transferwise, 100% free. I think kela or vero don't have a problem paying into an account starting with DE instead of with FI.