Appeal and deportation

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
alexilaiho

Appeal and deportation

Post by alexilaiho » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am

Sorry for the long post, in advance, but i would appreciate any insights about my issue.

So basically i'm a student in the middle of an appeal because of lacking credits, actually the decision happened during the transition in 2016, when they passed the matters to Migri, i went negligent with the 45 credits rule, as i thought if one go absent from school he doesn't have to do the credits ( i went studying the language), it was a silly conclusion from me.

So i appealed and send the extra credits (which i had the whole time, more than 45), and certificates about studying the language and passing the Yki test and getting accepted in a nursing program in Swedish.

The legal aid said that after a discussion with another lawyer with experience in alien's cases, he think that the court with lift the deportation and the 2 year ban from schengen, ah yeah forgot to mention that, maybe because of their suspicions that "i'm trying to evade school".

Ok, so the problem that i have, is that i have been waiting for the appeal for 17 months now (i hope they are just backlogged, and not pushing me to the edge), and my study right will end by the end of the year. so i asked Migri about if i can apply for new study permit on the basis of my new nursing school, but apparently i can't, because according to them, the act changed the 1.9.2018, so they said i can't get a new study permit because i have a deportation order from "Finland ?", so i insisted and they gave a me a clear answer at the end about if i can wait for the decision here or leave, so the answer, if i lodge a new application for a new study permit in the middle of the pending appeal,then the police will enforce the deportation, i'm guessing that they meant, maybe studies are not a strong ground for waiting for the decision here, and because of the deportation and ban, as soon as i cross to the upside down, they will enforce the decision.

But if say, i graduate today and the same day i apply for a work permit ( as i have a job offer), since i will have graduated, so no more ground for the appeal, right? but the issue of deportation will remain ?

Will this stop the deportation, you think? a signed contract, and work permit application.

Thank you for any insights or advice,
With regards
Last edited by alexilaiho on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Appeal and deportation

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Appeal and deportation

Post by rinso » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 pm

The legal aid said that after a discussion with another lawyer with experience in alien's cases,
And you suspect a random internet user knows better?

vla

Post by vla » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:41 pm

alexilaiho wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am
Hello guys, sorry for the long post, in advance, but i would appreciate any insights about my issue.

So basically i'm a student in the middle of an appeal because of lacking credits, actually the decision happened during the transition in 2016, when they passed the matters to Migri, i went negligent with the 45 credits rule, as i thought if one go absent from school he doesn't have to do the credits ( i went studying the language), it was a silly conclusion from me.

So i appealed and send the extra credits (which i had the whole time, more than 45), and certificates about studying the language and passing the Yki test and getting accepted in a nursing program in Swedish.

The legal aid said that after a discussion with another lawyer with experience in alien's cases, he think that the court with lift the deportation and the 2 year ban from schengen, ah yeah forgot to mention that, maybe because of their suspicions that "i'm trying to evade school".

Ok, so the problem that i have, is that i have been waiting for the appeal for 17 months now (i hope they are just backlogged, and not pushing me to the edge), and my study right will end by the end of the year. so i asked Migri about if i can apply for new study permit on the basis of my new nursing school, but apparently i can't, because according to them, the act changed the 1.9.2018, so they said i can't get a new study permit because i have a deportation order from "Finland ?", so i insisted and they gave a me a clear answer at the end about if i can wait for the decision here or leave, so the answer, if i lodge a new application for a new study permit in the middle of the pending appeal,then the police will enforce the deportation, i'm guessing that they meant, maybe studies are not a strong ground for waiting for the decision here, and because of the deportation and ban, as soon as i cross to the upside down, they will enforce the decision.

But if say, i graduate today and the same day i apply for a work permit ( as i have a job offer), since i will have graduated, so no more ground for the appeal, right? but the issue of deportation will remain ?

Will this stop the deportation, you think? a signed contract, and work permit application.

Thank you for any insights or advice,
With regards
Do you really think someone will hire you knowing that you are involved in a deportation process?

alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes, i understand, this should be more directed to lawyers, but thanks anyway.
Last edited by alexilaiho on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Hmm, the last employer seems fine with it, i got many jobs before, although part time, and they were all aware of my case, since i don't have a technically "Valid permit", but the right of work still continuing with the last permit.

Tidushassan

Post by Tidushassan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 pm

In my opinion i would recommend you to show all of this to the court to your appeal and strongly ask for the deportation cancelation that you already have a job and finish another school!
And of course get a good lawyer, I don’t think new application will help, it doesn’t work like that especially to migri everything is taking into account for them!

And finally this isn’t for you but i really feel sorry for this forum I don’t know why but people always just attacking in their answers and somehow blaming the one who is posting i think if you don’t know the answer just do NOT answer.

alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 am

Thank you Tidus, really appreciate the input, i think that's actually a good advice, i will do so, and send everything to the court. :thumbsup:

Valinnan vapaus

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 am

To be fair it does seem fairly hopeless to try to find someone random in any position to be answering a question as gnarly as this.