Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Supermies

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Supermies » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 am

Sent email to Migri, they replied that currently the applications in January are pending.
I wonder what they are doing, because a guy applied in June 2019 and got his decision in August 2019.
Well lets hope that our turn come soon.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Naeem89

Post by Naeem89 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

I know some people who applied November 18 and got decision in mid August. And I know for a fact that applicants from January are pending. Its all normal because its a busy time for migri due to student residence permit applications.

michelle108

Post by michelle108 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Before I submitted my application, I was unrealistically estimating that it would take 4-5 months like any other friends but turns out that it has been 9 months since January 9, 2019 and still in the stage 1. What a long wait! :(

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

michelle108 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:10 pm
Before I submitted my application, I was unrealistically estimating that it would take 4-5 months like any other friends but turns out that it has been 9 months since January 9, 2019 and still in the stage 1. What a long wait! :(
Its so sad to hear that even the January applications are still pending. lets hope that you get your decision during this month.
Did you receive the email to update your application?

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am

Supermies wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am
michelle108 wrote:
You can launch a formal complain with Ombudsman. Then you case will be solved in a matter of couple of days. Since the official deadline for processing is already passed.

Casual_Commuter

Post by Casual_Commuter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:16 am

Supermies wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
Supermies wrote:
michelle108 wrote:
You can launch a formal complain with Ombudsman. Then you case will be solved in a matter of couple of days. Since the official deadline for processing is already passed.
And then possibly be a subject of an extremely thorough check :roll:

Also, even according to the law there is no deadline for the citizenship applications.. there were cases when the processing took several years:(

michelle108

Post by michelle108 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:23 am

Supermies wrote:
michelle108 wrote:
Its so sad to hear that even the January applications are still pending. lets hope that you get your decision during this month.
Did you receive the email to update your application?
Yes, I received an automatic email to ask for more documents (i.e. any traveling since the application has been submitted) in the beginning of July, 6 months since the submission.

michelle108

Post by michelle108 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 am

Casual_Commuter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:16 am
Supermies wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
Supermies wrote:

And then possibly be a subject of an extremely thorough check :roll:

Also, even according to the law there is no deadline for the citizenship applications.. there were cases when the processing took several years:(
I don't know whether it's specifically about my case that requires an extremely thorough check, or it is just simply because they have a bad backlog. If my application had moved to the stage 2, it would have made sense that they are doing some background check. It's still in the stage 1 after 9 months and I therefore think they haven't even touched my application. I would expect my case to be a relatively easy one to handle given the fact that I have been living in Finland for quite some time (8 years). Got both the bachelor's degree and master's degree here, and now have a job related to exactly what I have studied at the university. But well, who knows? :)

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I have been living here for 6 years and I got my masters degree from here and been working in my degree related job for last 3 years. No idea why they are acting like this cx most of my friends who applied last year got their nationality in maximum of 6 months.

Casual_Commuter

Post by Casual_Commuter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Any opinions whether it would be worth it to call them and ask for a personal estimation of the remaining processing time or the current application processing progress?

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Of course it would, if you want for 9 months or something

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Casual_Commuter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 pm
Any opinions whether it would be worth it to call them and ask for a personal estimation of the remaining processing time or the current application processing progress?
As far as my understanding, they will reply you that every individual case has its own timeline and number of checklists before the decision is made. Since I have done this already to try to emphasize the varying/lengthy timelines for different applicants.

But never the less, you should try to contact them.

random-username

Post by random-username » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello,

Has anyone else received today an email from Migri that looks like this?
Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: https://migri.fi/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi

necadam

Post by necadam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am

random-username wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm
Hello,

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: https://migri.fi/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi
I have not. Have you applied very recently?

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am

random-username wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm
Hello,

Hyvä asiakas

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi
I think its a generic email. I received an email at the start of August, but it was a bit different, but overall the meaning was kind of same.
When did you applied for citizenship?