Address registration

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fintel

Address registration

Post by fintel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm

I found a room in Helsinki and the owner wants me to NOT register the address with the government because it might affect his social security payments from kela. Is it true that if I register my address with him then it will affect his social security? Can I do something to register the address without disturbing his payments from kela?

Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Address registration

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Address registration

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:50 pm

fintel wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm
I found a room in Helsinki and the owner wants me to NOT register the address with the government because it might affect his social security payments from kela. Is it true that if I register my address with him then it will affect his social security? Can I do something to register the address without disturbing his payments from kela?
You are required by law to register. Your landlord wants to commit fraud. In addition to Kela he does not want tax authority to find out.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:35 am

Yes it is definitely benefit fraud because they don’t want to report the rental income to kela. They might be even getting a housing subsidy also and you do not want to be involved in defrauding the government.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 am

In Finland there's a population register and it and other databases are far more organized and integrated than in places like the UK. I received a letter in a friends name addressed to my house and the post office had put a sticker on it saying the person wasn't registered at my house and I should return the letter if the address was wrong. So even the post office is doing a kind of address/registered inhabitant check on arriving post.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 am

riku2 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 am
In Finland there's a population register and it and other databases are far more organized and integrated than in places like the UK. I received a letter in a friends name addressed to my house and the post office had put a sticker on it saying the person wasn't registered at my house and I should return the letter if the address was wrong. So even the post office is doing a kind of address/registered inhabitant check on arriving post.
Offtopic
The proper format to send letter like that would have been:
Friends Name
c/o riku2
Your street address
Your postal code and city
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.