Kela - spouse living separately

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fintel

Post by fintel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm

I live in Helsinki and my spouse lives in Oulu.

I would like to know that if I am unemployed and living separately from my spouse, how does that effect my unemployment benefit and basic income support? I know that living together and living separately are assessed differently for purposes of calculating the benefit. I need to go to the TE office and would like to know how is my situation going to be assessed? Will my benefit increase or decrease?

Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Kela - spouse living separately

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:21 pm

fintel wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm
I live in Helsinki and my spouse lives in Oulu.

I would like to know that if I am unemployed and living separately from my spouse, how does that effect my unemployment benefit and basic income support? I know that living together and living separately are assessed differently for purposes of calculating the benefit. I need to go to the TE office and would like to know how is my situation going to be assessed? Will my benefit increase or decrease?
Spouses have a duty to support regardless of where they live. This will be taken into account in income support but not for unemployment benefits. It's Kela that is concerned about these – not TE.