Resident Permit decision time

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:57 am

Hi
I had applied for my wife RP from India and made biometrics on August.
A friend of mine did the same for his wife and made biometrics in Septermber.
My friend wife got her RP approved last week but we are still awaiting for the result.
Is there any rationale behind in picking up the application for processing.
TIA

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Nikhil18oct

Re: Resident Permit decision time

Post by Nikhil18oct » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am

Hi,

I dont think there is any reason behind it. Nobody know how they pick up the application. I called Migri yesterday and they told my application is still not handled by anyone, and they even dont know when its going to be handled by someone.
In my case I had applied my extended Resident permit in starting of may this year and still waiting for the decision.

One of my friend applied in June his first RP from India, he is still waiting for decision. and some of my friends got decision within one month.

So its hard to tell how they pick the application.

slimshady3466

Post by slimshady3466 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:27 am

Nikhil18oct wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am
Hi,

I dont think there is any reason behind it. Nobody know how they pick up the application. I called Migri yesterday and they told my application is still not handled by anyone, and they even dont know when its going to be handled by someone.
In my case I had applied my extended Resident permit in starting of may this year and still waiting for the decision.

One of my friend applied in June his first RP from India, he is still waiting for decision. and some of my friends got decision within one month.

If you convert your login into strong authentication, it seems that you get a decision faster. I have many friends who experienced the same. It does not make sense but this is what their experience has been.

Nikhil18oct

Post by Nikhil18oct » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks for this info, i don't see any harm in trying it :D I will try it too.

Do we need Finnish identity card to do it?

paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 am

I wish you good luck on decision. I wish I had the ability to apply for a resident permit but no one willing to give me a chance.

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am

slimshady3466 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:27 am
Nikhil18oct wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am
Hi,

If you convert your login into strong authentication, it seems that you get a decision faster. I have many friends who experienced the same. It does not make sense but this is what their experience has been.
But changing my authentication to strong authentication, will it speed up my wife processing?(she has her own profile in enterfinland)
Also i managed to reach the customer officer today through migir telephone support and she has the case is assigned to a person but i have to wait and no other option. 2 questions
1. Do they assign the case right after the biometrics or will it take time
2. Any possibility we can reach to the assignee to speed up the process

Nikhil18oct

Post by Nikhil18oct » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:50 am

ddfreedie wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am
But changing my authentication to strong authentication, will it speed up my wife processing?(she has her own profile in enterfinland)
Also i managed to reach the customer officer today through migir telephone support and she has the case is assigned to a person but i have to wait and no other option. 2 questions
1. Do they assign the case right after the biometrics or will it take time
2. Any possibility we can reach to the assignee to speed up the process
1. I applied in May 2019, and i called them last week till then my case was not handled by anyone.
2- you can ask to speed up by sending the mail but there must be very strong reason with for that.
for speed up u can visit - https://migri.fi/en/expedited-processing1

Most likely if your case is handle you will get the decision soon if any further information is not needed.

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:00 pm

[/quote]

1. I applied in May 2019, and i called them last week till then my case was not handled by anyone.
2- you can ask to speed up by sending the mail but there must be very strong reason with for that.
for speed up u can visit - https://migri.fi/en/expedited-processing1

Most likely if your case is handle you will get the decision soon if any further information is not needed.
[/quote]

Ahh something nice to hear. But is this always the case? any idea how long it takes once the case is assigned. I know these are not so easy questions but any previous experiences?

Nikhil18oct

Post by Nikhil18oct » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:11 pm

There is no specific answer to that. we don't know how migri works internally, but i would say if your application is handle then you will get to hear soon something, supplement request or decision. Please keep here posted when you get any updates, other will get an idea atleast

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:09 am

I got some information that since i changed job after my wife applied for her RP, and now that i am in trial period, Migri might wait till my trial period is over.
i am wondering how on earth can this have an impact as i have a valid RP till 2021 based on my previous employment. This gets really crazy with so many versions i am hearing :lol: Guess i should just wait and stop doing any research :roll:

Nikhil18oct

Post by Nikhil18oct » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am

ddfreedie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:09 am
I got some information that since i changed job after my wife applied for her RP, and now that i am in trial period, Migri might wait till my trial period is over.
i am wondering how on earth can this have an impact as i have a valid RP till 2021 based on my previous employment. This gets really crazy with so many versions i am hearing :lol: Guess i should just wait and stop doing any research :roll:
Have you got this information from Migri.. or in general?

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Nikhil18oct wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am
ddfreedie wrote:
Migri only but she wasn't 100% sure also. Here noone knows 100% how it works. Thats what i could make it out from my experiences.

Nikhil18oct

Post by Nikhil18oct » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm

ddfreedie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm
Nikhil18oct wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am
ddfreedie wrote:
Migri only but she wasn't 100% sure also. Here noone knows 100% how it works. Thats what i could make it out from my experiences.
Exactly nothing is sure here, I have asked new estimate time for my application last week, they replied me in mail that within 2 months i will hear something from them, yesterday they replied me "the estimation of processing time is now 3 months".

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:45 pm

I did get mail from Migri for another information which I had asked.
She mentioned my wife application is waiting for my probation period to get over however she said she is not handling my wife case and do not have more information.
This is really frustrating as how my probation can have impact on her processing. I am not sure if I can make them understand or what is needed for them to process it. Frustrating it is.

Stefani

Post by Stefani » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm still waiting for my Decision and soon reaching 9 months of waiting! Anyone waited full 9 months and got positive Decision?