pet screen, where to buy?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nimap

Post by nimap » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 pm

I am not sure what is it called in Finnish, I'd prefer to go local store, check the product and decide before buying rather than online. Any store that sells those in Capital area? Something like: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WHTI36/?c ... O9JWKTBJZW

TIA

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: pet screen, where to buy?

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 pm

nimap wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 pm
I am not sure what is it called in Finnish, I'd prefer to go local store, check the product and decide before buying rather than online. Any store that sells those in Capital area?
A pet store like Musti ja Mirri or a home improvement store like K-Rautta are possible. They should have or know who has.
Check the map for nearest, Ruoholahti has both.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:55 am

Are you buying it to keep in a cat/dog or to keep insects out?
The big DIY stores are the best for an insect screen although the choice of mesh is quite limited and I have not seen the stronger type mentioned in the link (the title of the product is wrong, only lower does does it explain it as a pet proof insect screen). I bought a much better fiberglass type of mesh from a store in Canada but the mesh in the stores in Finland is normally a weaker nylon type.

nimap

Post by nimap » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:37 am

riku2 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:55 am
The big DIY stores are the best for an insect screen although the choice of mesh is quite limited and I have not seen the stronger type mentioned in the link (the title of the product is wrong, only lower does does it explain it as a pet proof insect screen). I bought a much better fiberglass type of mesh from a store in Canada but the mesh in the stores in Finland is normally a weaker nylon type.
although I hate using amazon for their money laundering practices in Europe, but I had no choice this time. Didn't see any good one in Finland, tried pet shops, Stark, Jysk, Ikea, Bauhaus, Puoti. What other DIY shops you recommend if I need some DIY stuffs next time?
riku2 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:55 am
Are you buying it to keep in a cat/dog or to keep insects out?
cat, so fiberglass was ideal as it is scratch proof and doesn't injure claws like aluminium do.