Oral hearing/ Suullinen kuuleminen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
thelege2nd

Post by thelege2nd » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi, I have applied for a family residence permit on August 10 (i am married to a Finnish citizen), today was the first time they contact me and they requested an Oral hearing. I am already here in Finland and I applied for the residency in Finland, not abroad.

I just wanted to know more info about this, is it a bad thing? What kind of questions should I expect?

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

MrsH

Re: Oral hearing/ Suullinen kuuleminen

Post by MrsH » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:52 am

Hi. My husband applied on 3 december 2018 also in Finland and we had interview (oral hearing) on 12 november 2019. The reason for this hearing according to them was "to clarify reasons for us applying residence permit for my husband". Yes, that was their reason even I am finnish citizen and we got married here in Finland. Also we have lived together for over one year before our marriage. Anyway, I dont think it is a bad thing that they are asking you for oral hearing. I have heard that usually desicion comes within 3 months after possible interview. But notice that this isnt official info from Migri , I just have heard this from unofficial sources (from people who have also gone through this same process). So this might not be the case for everyone of course. We still havent had any desicion done.

The oral hearing took place at migri. They took us both, me and my husband, to seperate rooms and asked questions. There were about 105-110 questions. Those questions were mostly about how/when / were we first met, how we got engaged, about our characters, why we like/love each other, about our families, hobbies, closest friends, whose idea it was to get married, where and how we got married, about the possible wedding party. Also they asked both of us to describe our home. Basically they asked things about our history together and how is our life now after marriage. It took about 5 hours at migri to do this interview. They were quite polite but did not let my husband use finnish language even he speaks good finnish language.

Good luck to you. I wish all goes well. Lastly I would say that if and when one is truly really married on correct grounds, then this oral hearing will be really easy and there wont be anything to stress about :D

nimap

Post by nimap » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:58 pm

MrsH wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:52 am
Hi. My husband applied on 3 december 2018 also in Finland and we had interview (oral hearing) on 12 november 2019. The reason for this hearing according to them was "to clarify reasons for us applying residence permit for my husband". Yes, that was their reason even I am finnish citizen and we got married here in Finland. Also we have lived together for over one year before our marriage. Anyway, I dont think it is a bad thing that they are asking you for oral hearing. I have heard that usually desicion comes within 3 months after possible interview. But notice that this isnt official info from Migri , I just have heard this from unofficial sources (from people who have also gone through this same process). So this might not be the case for everyone of course. We still havent had any desicion done.

The oral hearing took place at migri. They took us both, me and my husband, to seperate rooms and asked questions. There were about 105-110 questions. Those questions were mostly about how/when / were we first met, how we got engaged, about our characters, why we like/love each other, about our families, hobbies, closest friends, whose idea it was to get married, where and how we got married, about the possible wedding party. Also they asked both of us to describe our home. Basically they asked things about our history together and how is our life now after marriage. It took about 5 hours at migri to do this interview. They were quite polite but did not let my husband use finnish language even he speaks good finnish language.

Good luck to you. I wish all goes well. Lastly I would say that if and when one is truly really married on correct grounds, then this oral hearing will be really easy and there wont be anything to stress about :D
wow, I heard it was like sh*tstorm at the moment but didn't realize how severe. Interview after 11 Months of application? and 5 hours interrogation? can I ask where is he from? or was he asylum seeker?

fintel

Post by fintel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm

MrsH wrote:
They were quite polite but did not let my husband use finnish language even he speaks good finnish language.
Sounds like you have been discriminated against in the most horrible way possible.

Let me guess, you are naturalized Finnish citizen? Your husband is black ? or you are much older than him? Or what's up ? Was he an asylum seeker? Any criminal convictions?

Something's not right here.
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

MrsH

Post by MrsH » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 am

Sorry for late reply. I have been trying to not to visit here so often since we want to try to live normal life without thinking those things all the time.

I was born in Finland. My mother is finnish, father arab but he is also citizen. Was even when I was born. My husband is from Afghanistan. He is 4 years older than me. We have two languages that we can use at home, we have same religion,we share same cultural background. He does not have any criminal record. But the thing is that he is an asylum seeker. They want to make decision for both applications same time since he does not have yet any decision for his asylum seeking application (which he also has been waiting for 5 years!) so frustrating. Many asylum seekers have had their decisions done and some are even now applying for their second rp.

Anyway, migri promised that this year both of my husbands applications will have decisions done.

But to add to the original post, Migri usually needs some pushing if you want to hear from them and it has been a long time. Like for example, we contacted lawyer and she asked migri whats up.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:29 am

fintel wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm
MrsH wrote:
They were quite polite but did not let my husband use finnish language even he speaks good finnish language.
Sounds like you have been discriminated against in the most horrible way possible.

Let me guess, you are naturalized Finnish citizen? Your husband is black ? or you are much older than him? Or what's up ? Was he an asylum seeker? Any criminal convictions?

Something's not right here.
Fintel ,
You have any proof of these assumptions ? Looks to me like you are fighting fire with fire.