Kela paiements

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Maeke

Kela paiements

Post by Maeke » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Moi,
I've been in Finland since June 2019, living on my économies from Canada but as you can imagine, it's drying out pretty quickly and soon I might be inclined to turn to Kela while still learning the language.
There are many grants from what I've been told, so simple basic question : how much does kela pay to an unemployed person?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. And hyvää uutta vuotta 2020!

Kela paiements

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Kela paiements

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 pm

Maeke wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Moi,
I've been in Finland since June 2019, living on my économies from Canada but as you can imagine, it's drying out pretty quickly and soon I might be inclined to turn to Kela while still learning the language.
There are many grants from what I've been told, so simple basic question : how much does kela pay to an unemployed person?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. And hyvää uutta vuotta 2020!
Anything from zero to well over a thousand depending on the exact personal situation.

Simo0000

Post by Simo0000 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:58 am

It depends on what type of residence permit you have and you might not be eligible for all social assistance and if You are eligible then you still have to apply to Kela and then they'll make a decision based on your situation..

It would be better if you manage to get a job.

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:47 am

Thanks for replies.
Of course the objective is to land a job as soon as possible. My horizon is 6 months for that, starting now.
I have a A type RP.