Foreigner Divorce Finnish Spouse

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello guys I really need honest responses in my situation, please help.

Here is my story:
I'm a guy from South Africa, years back, I met a Finnish lady which is my wife right now. We were really in love and dated for 3 years while I was still in South Africa, it was more like long distance relationship.
Then we decided that I moved to Finland later and get married, which we did. I have live in Finland for one year now. My life have been a living hell after we got married, she fight my and threaten to call police on me in every little argument. She drunk too much alcohol everytime which I didn't know about since it was long distance relationship.

I've only one option which is to get a divorce. I'm living here with 4 years resident permit A type base on family tie.

I really like it here in Finland and I wouldn't wanna be disappointed. I haven't committed any crime in Finland.

Would they deporte me if I divorce my wife since my residence permit is based on family tie?????? I'm really worried about this!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Foreigner Divorce Finnish Spouse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:36 am

Matteo22 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:41 pm
Hello guys I really need honest responses in my situation, please help.

Here is my story:
I'm a guy from South Africa, years back, I met a Finnish lady which is my wife right now. We were really in love and dated for 3 years while I was still in South Africa, it was more like long distance relationship.
Then we decided that I moved to Finland later and get married, which we did. I have live in Finland for one year now. My life have been a living hell after we got married, she fight my and threaten to call police on me in every little argument. She drunk too much alcohol everytime which I didn't know about since it was long distance relationship.

I've only one option which is to get a divorce. I'm living here with 4 years resident permit A type base on family tie.

I really like it here in Finland and I wouldn't wanna be disappointed. I haven't committed any crime in Finland.

Would they deporte me if I divorce my wife since my residence permit is based on family tie?????? I'm really worried about this!
The process is slow but eventually you will be deported unless you have same other basis for a residence permit.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:12 am

Do you have a job?

Matteo22

Post by Matteo22 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:05 am

heretostay wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:12 am
Do you have a job?
No, I am not working yet, I'm in integration programs. Which means I'm studying Finnish language.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:10 am

I think you are in a no-win situation. Without income of your own, you cannot afford a divorce. And indeed you would also lose your residence permit.
Staying in an unhealthy relationship until you find a job or you get a permanent permit is not a good option either.
I think you should start job hunting immediately, not wait until your integration program is finished. And also consider if going back might be a better solution.
In this forum there are many topics about marital problems and divorce. You might find some useful tips.
http://en.duoduo.fi/intercultural-divorce.html

inkku

Post by inkku » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:36 am

Just look at his previous posts.... jeez.... according to them, the guy moved from Germany, not from South Africa as he implies.... he also transfered e 20k on his account back and forth......

Victor11

Post by Victor11 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Even with a job it won't be an easy ride with migri but still better chances than your current situation

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 am

Just try to find a permanent job and apply a new RP and you will get it. Mugri won't argue about any thing.
There are plenty of job available e.g Newspaper delivery, cleaninv job in Sol, kitchen helper job in StaffPoint and Macdonalds.

Just don't worry about anything. I know a person myself who was in similar situation like yours. He found a job and got a new RP. Living here since then.

Good luck in job hunting...!

nimap

Post by nimap » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am

inkku wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:36 am
Just look at his previous posts.... jeez.... according to them, the guy moved from Germany, not from South Africa as he implies.... he also transfered e 20k on his account back and forth......
that's some top level spying, sheriff. You violated his privacy and hurt his feelings, snowflake.
Matteo22 wrote:
Here is my story:
Another one on the long list of chicks problem.
Matteo22 wrote:
plant your seed on her bush for life?

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm

nimap wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am
Matteo22 wrote:
Horrible idea! :shock:

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm

deepsudeep wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm
nimap wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:25 am
Matteo22 wrote:
Horrible idea! :shock:
Fully agree. Really sad, and dislike the idea. Please think of the child and their lives and their interests.