Resident permit - PR and Citizenship

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi, I have the below doubts for a long time now and many of my known circle are not aware also. I know this may need some SME but any help would be highly appreciated

1. If a person is on RP based on certain grounds and if that grounds end, he/she will be deported. If that is the case being part of YTK (or others) be of any benefit

2. Assume the person now is eligible and got PR, is the PR given again on the same grounds as he/she had got it for RP. If losing the grounds, make him/her lose the PR as well

3. What are the greatest benefits of Citizenship over PR (Finnish passport is one of the most powerful in terms of visa free travel). Ofcourse with Citizenship, we can move to any of EU and only criteria is to get a job contract but no need of any visa/permit. Anything apart?

TIA.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Resident permit - PR and Citizenship

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 pm

ddfreedie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 pm
1. If a person is on RP based on certain grounds and if that grounds end, he/she will be deported. If that is the case being part of YTK (or others) be of any benefit
Depends on the circumstances, after deportation there are no benefits.
ddfreedie wrote:
2. Assume the person now is eligible and got PR, is the PR given again on the same grounds as he/she had got it for RP. If losing the grounds, make him/her lose the PR as well
Permanent is permanent. It is only revoked when you move out of the country or commit serious crimes.
ddfreedie wrote:
3. What are the greatest benefits of Citizenship over PR (Finnish passport is one of the most powerful in terms of visa free travel). Ofcourse with Citizenship, we can move to any of EU and only criteria is to get a job contract but no need of any visa/permit. Anything apart?
Citizens can vote.

ddfreedie

Post by ddfreedie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:27 pm

'Depends on the circumstances, after deportation there are no benefits.'
What exactly are the circumstances if you can clarify please.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 pm
ddfreedie wrote:
Because deportation is a slow process, earnings related unemployment benefits make sense even if eventually deported.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:44 pm
ddfreedie wrote:
Because deportation is a slow process, earnings related unemployment benefits make sense even if eventually deported.
Plus one is already paying for them, but can't use those payment without being member of unemployment fund.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.