Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi everybody

Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong

Im now married to a finnish citizen (its 100% legit marriage)
I knew her online before 3 months through a friend
We are both from the same religion shes is 23 and im 25 and the wedding were in dubai ( im living in dubai)
She visited me two times one in dubai and one in jordan
She is now back in finland
Do you guys advice me to apply for tourist visa? Or ill get refused because of my refugee claimant history
And if I apply for the pr from dubai , will i face problems because of my history and how long does it take usually?

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Applying for PR with history of refugee claimant

Post by rinso » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:53 am

Koka201910 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Hi everybody

Before two years i was visiting in canada and did horrible mistake and apply for refugee claimant the i withdrew it after only one week because i realized that this was wrong

We are both from the same religion shes is 23 and im 25 and the wedding were in dubai ( im living in dubai)
Do you guys advice me to apply for tourist visa? Or ill get refused because of my refugee claimant history
And if I apply for the pr from dubai , will i face problems because of my history and how long does it take usually?

Thank you
Each application is judged on its own. But when things are unclear in the application, your history might come into view.

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 am

rinso wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:53 am
Koka201910 wrote:
Hi everybody

Thank you
Each application is judged on its own. But when things are unclear in the application, your history might come into view.
Do i have to mention that i applied refugee claimant in the application?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Hi everybody

You are not eligible for permanent residence. It requires four years of residence minimum.

https://migri.fi/en/permanent-residence-permit

Simo0000

Post by Simo0000 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm

Hei,

If you are thinking of applying for a residence permit then the best and easiest option for you is to you apply in your current country of residence and not im Finland.

The Finnish immigration have all the rights to investigate anything related to you (present or past) and then they will make a decision based on what they see right.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm
If you are thinking of applying for a residence permit then the best and easiest option for you is to you apply in your current country of residence and not im Finland.
Why do you think so? Marriage based permits can be applied both in Finland and abroad. There are pros and cons to each so a recommendation depends on personal circumstances. Often applying in Finland is in the end chosen because that enables the couple to be together when the application is processed.

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Hi everybody

You are not eligible for permanent residence. It requires four years of residence minimum.

Im married to finnish citizen how come im not eligible?!!!!!!

136472Makemake

Post by 136472Makemake » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Koka201910 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 pm
Because you need four years of residence in Finland before you can apply for permanent residence.

Simo0000

Post by Simo0000 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Simo0000 wrote:
Why do you think so? Marriage based permits can be applied both in Finland and abroad. There are pros and cons to each so a recommendation depends on personal circumstances. Often applying in Finland is in the end chosen because that enables the couple to be together when the application is processed.
Yes, i know that and as advised by every Finnish embassy in the world it's better and easier to apply from the applicant's country as the investigations are easier to handle and better because it could be troublesome if the applicants have no means of support while waiting for the application in Finland.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Simo0000 wrote:
Yes, i know that and as advised by every Finnish embassy in the world it's better and easier to apply from the applicant's country as the investigations are easier to handle and better because it could be troublesome if the applicants have no means of support while waiting for the application in Finland.
It is not correct when you are saying it would always be best to spend the first year after marriage far away from your spouse.
In reality both options work.

Applying in Finland allows to live with your partner, but you are not allowed to work and have to live from your savings or your partners income while waiting for the decision.
Applying abroad allows you to continue working, but you are usually not living with your partner while waiting for the decision.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:12 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 pm
While waiting for a decision there is access to benefits.

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:43 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:26 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Hi everybody

Ah i mean not the permanent residence
I meant the residence permit

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 pm

136472Makemake wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:12 pm
Koka201910 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:56 pm
Because you need four years of residence in Finland before you can apply for permanent residence.
How long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:46 pm

rinso wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:53 am
Koka201910 wrote:
Hi everybody

Thank you
How long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?

Koka201910

Post by Koka201910 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Simo0000 wrote:
Hei,

The Finnish immigration have all the rights to investigate anything related to you (present or past) and then they will make a decision based on what they see right.
ow long does it take usually to process the residence permit if i apply from my country?