Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
betelgeuse

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:26 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm
I am not travelling abroad because of my application. If I travel I need to inform migri then migri will put my application on hold and they will lift this hold according to their wishes and not my travelling period.
You are not required to but it's useful in case no-one is reading any requests for extra information that they might ask.
This was with the assumption that we are talking about short holidays which have no effect on continuous period of residence.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:26 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 pm
Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm
I am not travelling abroad because of my application. If I travel I need to inform migri then migri will put my application on hold and they will lift this hold according to their wishes and not my travelling period.
You are not required to but it's useful in case no-one is reading any requests for extra information that they might ask.
This was with the assumption that we are talking about short holidays which have no effect on continuous period of residence.
But migri says that we need to inform if we travel abroad, especially when the decision can come any day.
I am doing it as a precaution because i know migri very well. They just need a point to raise objections regarding application.
If they are delaying my application for no reason what will happen if they find a reason?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm
But migri says that we need to inform if we travel abroad, especially when the decision can come any day.
I am doing it as a precaution because i know migri very well. They just need a point to raise objections regarding application.
If they are delaying my application for no reason what will happen if they find a reason?
https://migri.fi/en/faq-finnish-citizenship
I have a citizenship application pending. I am about to go abroad for an extended period of time. Am I required to notify the Finnish Immigration Service of my departure?

If you are going away for more than two weeks, notify the Finnish Immigration Service by phoning the service number or sending an e-mail. By doing so you ensure that you will not receive a negative decision for the reason that you have not responded to a possible request for additional information.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:08 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 pm
https://migri.fi/en/faq-finnish-citizenship
I have a citizenship application pending. I am about to go abroad for an extended period of time. Am I required to notify the Finnish Immigration Service of my departure?

If you are going away for more than two weeks, notify the Finnish Immigration Service by phoning the service number or sending an e-mail. By doing so you ensure that you will not receive a negative decision for the reason that you have not responded to a possible request for additional information.
Migri is very nice and kind taking care of customer needs but ONLY THEORATICALLY NOT PRACTICALLY. When you inform migri that u r going abroad for more than 2 weeks, migri ensure that u don't get a decision...for how long...it depends on migri's wishes. There is much more to write but I think everyone knows migri very well.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 am

Is there anyone whose application crossed 12 months???

What the processing time calculator says??

lapilainen

Post by lapilainen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Complete silence.... What migri is upto? :roll:

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:19 pm

lapilainen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:49 pm
Yeah, nothing good. When did you apply?

lapilainen

Post by lapilainen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am

Alexx1111 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:19 pm
lapilainen wrote:
I applied in Feb 2019.

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:16 am

lapilainen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am
Alexx1111 wrote:
lapilainen wrote:
I applied in Feb 2019.
If I were you, I would try to send them a message with a hint, like hey guys, it's gonna be one year, application is not being processed still, for you to make the decision in time, please begin processing now otherwise you will exceed official 1 year or something... Since you made many decisions for people who applied in July, now it's time.

Software

Post by Software » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Alexx1111 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:16 am
lapilainen wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am
Alexx1111 wrote:

I applied in Feb 2019.
If I were you, I would try to send them a message with a hint, like hey guys, it's gonna be one year, application is not being processed still, for you to make the decision in time, please begin processing now otherwise you will exceed official 1 year or something... Since you made many decisions for people who applied in July, now it's time.
[/quote

I APPLIED IN MARCH 2019. NO MOVEMENT YET. :(

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:59 pm

I also applied in February.
When I sent them an email, they asked me to be patient until one year. Actually, they want to convey that be patient until the application completes the last day of one year. And I know when I'll ask them after one year, they will not reply. This is their method of dealing with applicants.

summercool

Post by summercool » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Hi guys,

What I am confused is, if you guys have made application on February then around September, by when they made handling time to be 11-12 months, there should have already come the decision. Isn't it? Because before it, the handling time was 5-7 months. For application, made on February, the decision should have come by September. Didn't you guys, write migri about it?

Once I made a call to migri and asked about the handling time. One worker said that it depends on the backgrounds for which one entered Finland. Some entered without residence permit, some with, some as student, some as dependent and so on. So, that worker's logic was, its not gonna take 12 months. I think I called around December and got information that then the applications made on June were under process.

I know its more than migri, its somehow like individual's response but I am so confused with the idea that how can the processing time for citizen application is around a year.

On the other hand, if you check the statistics of number of applications and number of decision made every months, it is not so much difference. So, how come the processing time be doubled from 5 to 11 months.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:14 am

summercool wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:40 pm
Hi guys,

What I am confused is, if you guys have made application on February then around September, by when they made handling time to be 11-12 months, there should have already come the decision. Isn't it? Because before it, the handling time was 5-7 months. For application, made on February, the decision should have come by September. Didn't you guys, write migri about it?

Once I made a call to migri and asked about the handling time. One worker said that it depends on the backgrounds for which one entered Finland. Some entered without residence permit, some with, some as student, some as dependent and so on. So, that worker's logic was, its not gonna take 12 months. I think I called around December and got information that then the applications made on June were under process.

I know its more than migri, its somehow like individual's response but I am so confused with the idea that how can the processing time for citizen application is around a year.

On the other hand, if you check the statistics of number of applications and number of decision made every months, it is not so much difference. So, how come the processing time be doubled from 5 to 11 months.
I applied in February and then the processing time was 6 to 7 months. My application reached 7 months in September, then migri stopped answering emails. In November, Migri changed processing time to 11-12 months. So, it shows that migri can do anything and it can change processing time over night. And believe me migri can change processing time more than one year because there are number of applicants reaching one year and it is not possible to process all those applicants so speedily. So what option is left for migri?

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:27 am

Finland2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:14 am
summercool wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:40 pm
Hi guys,

I applied in February and then the processing time was 6 to 7 months. My application reached 7 months in September, then migri stopped answering emails. In November, Migri changed processing time to 11-12 months. So, it shows that migri can do anything and it can change processing time over night. And believe me migri can change processing time more than one year because there are number of applicants reaching one year and it is not possible to process all those applicants so speedily. So what option is left for migri?
Very bad move from their side. Why did they process some many applications from summer already but we are at the end? Is this preparation for automation system? Maybe in February they will start processing applications from last February and in March from March, to make it exactly 12 month and in turn convenient. I hardly think so but it's just a guess. I would be very worried if I heard them them starting to process applications from last September, October already, I would be like what the @#$% guys.

rohit_ghnp

Post by rohit_ghnp » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

I had an offer to work in the field of my study/interest. But Finnish citizenship required, the guy who approached me thought i already have citizenship and asked me for an interview. Just couldn't overcome the grief this whole week.