Amazon.de no longer shipping to Finland?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Van7315

Post by Van7315 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:56 am

Has anyone noticed that Amazon.de no longer has shipping available to Finland? I used to buy things 1x a month and now I cannot find any items that will be delivered here. I even checked my past items and they all say "Not available to ship to Finland". Has something changed with Posti or Amazon?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Oombongo

Re: Amazon.de no longer shipping to Finland?

Post by Oombongo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:10 am

Van7315 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:56 am
Has anyone noticed that Amazon.de no longer has shipping available to Finland? I used to buy things 1x a month and now I cannot find any items that will be delivered here. I even checked my past items and they all say "Not available to ship to Finland". Has something changed with Posti or Amazon?
Looks like UI glitch. I can order the same stuff which I ordered earlier, and it is available for shipping just before the last button press to confirm and pay the order. This is not possible for any order which is really not available for shipping to Finland.
Image Image

Van7315

Post by Van7315 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 am

Ahh ok I'll have to go back and check then. Yes some items I know aren't available but I found it weird that ALL the items I looked at were coming up as unavailable. Thank you!

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Finland is one of the target markets from Amazon.de and I don't think any Finnish government has guts to take it out of Finland since customers pay taxes on purchases which is what government strives for...unless Amazon decides to call it a day due to dwindling profits which doesn't seem to be a case for now
Image Image

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Oombongo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:36 pm
Finland is one of the target markets from Amazon.de and I don't think any Finnish government has guts to take it out
A store in another EU country selling to Finland is usually protected by EU legislation from interference by the Finnish government.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm

customers pay taxes on purchases which is what government strives for
This only applies to the items sold on amazon.de by amazon itself. I've bought many things where the seller isn't amazon (even for items which are "fulfilled by amazon") and then Finnish VAT isn't due.

On the main topic i've seen no loss of items available to me from amazon.de, I ordered some items a week ago and items on my wishlist still show as available.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:52 pm

riku2 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm
customers pay taxes on purchases which is what government strives for
This only applies to the items sold on amazon.de by amazon itself. I've bought many things where the seller isn't amazon (even for items which are "fulfilled by amazon") and then Finnish VAT isn't due.

On the main topic i've seen no loss of items available to me from amazon.de, I ordered some items a week ago and items on my wishlist still show as available.
Where VAT is due is based on turnover. With One Stop Shop -system it's increasingly unlikely that the seller wouldn't have to pay Finnish VAT. In 2021 Amazon will have to collect VAT for all sellers: "Businesses operating electronic interfaces such as marketplaces or platforms will, in certain situations, be deemed for VAT purposes to be the supplier of goods sold to customers in the EU by companies using the marketplace or platform. Consequently, they will have to collect and pay the VAT on these sales." https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/b ... ommerce_en

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:49 am

http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:05 pm

That HS story said that Amazon.de sales into Finland were 43M eur which seems amazingly low. In the UK their sales are US$ 15 billion. Which in a country the size of Finland would be 1.25 billion.
So there is plenty of scope for expansion in Finland and subsequent closure of half the Finnish retail chains like happened in the UK.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:00 pm

http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

agroot

Post by agroot » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 pm

riku2 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:05 pm
So there is plenty of scope for expansion in Finland and subsequent closure of half the Finnish retail chains like happened in the UK.
That'd be sad but some of the local prices and selections are ridiculous! There is no cheap flat ethernet cable on verkkokauppa, for example. And shipping is never free from Helsinki to Helsinki but always free from Germany to here... :roll:

azazk

Post by azazk » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:15 am

agroot wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 pm
riku2 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:05 pm
That'd be sad but some of the local prices and selections are ridiculous! There is no cheap flat ethernet cable on verkkokauppa, for example. And shipping is never free from Helsinki to Helsinki but always free from Germany to here... :roll:
Yep order from IKEA post 200eur for 200KM, So i ordered from from amazon, came from china, post 40eurs.

And its not Amazon that killed the uk shops its the greedy councils charging too much in TAX, and turning them into ghost towns the moment they make people pay for parking.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:22 am

its the greedy councils charging too much in TAX, and turning them into ghost towns the moment they make people pay for parking
You can add to that a taxation system that taxes businesses on the size of their shop/office .. something more fitting to 100 years ago and reminds of taxing households based on the number of windows they have.