Stolen Xiaomi Electric Scooter

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Dean

Post by Dean » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi all,

I have just arrived Finland for 2 months, but today is my worst day here. I ride my electric scooter to go shopping in the centre of Helsinki. I locked my scooter in front of the Helsinki Central Railway Station. Unfortunately, when I came back to get my scooter, it was stolen. Even though I used a very good combination lock which costed me 40 euros, but I do not know why the thief could open it. They left the lock at the scene and ran away with my scooter. I was so upset as I bought this scooter almost 600 euros.

I heard from my friend that no way Police could investigate the lost as there are so many cases happen every day. I think that if they could watch CCTV around that area, they could definitely find the thief who stole my scooter, right? I do not know if the Police could help me to investigate and get back my scooter for me.

I just thought that Helsinki is one of the safest cities in the world but I bet I was wrong, at least in my current point of view. I know not only me suffered this situation, so do you guys think that Police could help me in this case? This is my birthday and I could not have a happy birthday, indeed. So sad. :( :( :(

Cheers,
Dean

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Stolen Xiaomi Electric Scooter

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Dean wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm
I have just arrived Finland for 2 months, but today is my worst day here. I ride my electric scooter to go shopping in the centre of Helsinki. I locked my scooter in front of the Helsinki Central Railway Station. Unfortunately, when I came back to get my scooter, it was stolen. Even though I used a very good combination lock which costed me 40 euros, but I do not know why the thief could open it. They left the lock at the scene and ran away with my scooter. I was so upset as I bought this scooter almost 600 euros.

I heard from my friend that no way Police could investigate the lost as there are so many cases happen every day. I think that if they could watch CCTV around that area, they could definitely find the thief who stole my scooter, right? I do not know if the Police could help me to investigate and get back my scooter for me.

I just thought that Helsinki is one of the safest cities in the world but I bet I was wrong, at least in my current point of view. I know not only me suffered this situation, so do you guys think that Police could help me in this case? This is my birthday and I could not have a happy birthday, indeed. So sad. :( :( :(
Reporting a crime is easy to do so might as well do it even if they never find the suspect.

https://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting ... nce_online

Most people have some kind of insurance policy in case of theft.

Piet

Post by Piet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 pm

Dean wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Hi all,

Cheers,
Dean

A 40€ lock is not a lock, check out video's of this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6r ... 6FQ/videos
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Dean

Post by Dean » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:03 am

UPDATE: Today, I went to Police station to report my case. Guess what! I saw my scooter left in a dark corner of the train station. The thief used it until it ran out of battery. I checked carefully to make sure that is mine, and it is indeed. I was extremely happy and lucky to get it back. Thanks everyone.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:09 am

Need something like this:

https://youtu.be/2wGZhZBNOak
Image Image

Piet

Post by Piet » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Oombongo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:09 am
Need something like this:

https://youtu.be/2wGZhZBNOak
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I will make that myself for my bike, damn shame if you forget to switch it off yourself :P

Piet

Post by Piet » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:37 pm

Dean wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:03 am
UPDATE: Today, I went to Police station to report my case. Guess what! I saw my scooter left in a dark corner of the train station. The thief used it until it ran out of battery. I checked carefully to make sure that is mine, and it is indeed. I was extremely happy and lucky to get it back. Thanks everyone.
Now install a GPS tracker with sim card in it and buy a decent lock. (not the cheap stuff) Something similar to an ABUS TOUGH or ABUS GRANITE would be a good start.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 am

moreover anyone above the age of 8 riding one of those things looks reaaaaally ridiculous. People leave them everywhere, in the middle of the road, sidewalks, they creep up on you silently and dangerously, they are a monument to lazyness and moronity. Do yourself a favour, get a bike or walk

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Y77 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 am
People leave them everywhere, in the middle of the road, sidewalks, they creep up on you silently and dangerously, they are a monument to lazyness and moronity. Do yourself a favour, get a bike or walk
People have no sense of responsibility these days, and this is due of no dire consequences of their actions. It is an open season out there. Case in point, someone spills coffee on you in public transportation. I doubt they're going to offer to pay for laundry. The best you'll get is some half assed apology which means next to nothing and you'll have to smile and accept it.

Don't even get me started about people eating in public transport and leaving breadcrumbs and thick liquid condiment (mayonnaise, ketchup etc). If it is not enough then it is putting their dirty shoes on seats while staring in phones. If you politely tell them not to keep their shoes on seats then they'll be ready to fight you.
Image Image