Waiting for Authorities to contact me

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
nathan2061

Post by nathan2061 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I have applied for a residence permit for An employed person three months ago. Today I got a notification In enterfinland that the decisions has been made and wait for the authorities to serve you the decision.

After doing a lot of research I can see from a lot of people’s experience with this they have mostly said the police will give you a negative decision.

Has anyone had the same experience but it’s been a positive decision?

I also see from a lot of people’s feedback the police take quite some time to deliver the decision to you. 2-4 weeks or even longer for a lot of people.

Any advice or feedback would be great. I would really like to know the decision ASAP so I can head back to Australia if it is a no rather than sitting around waiting and not being able to work.

Last edited by nathan2061 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

arfhamza

Re: Waiting for Authorities to contact me

Post by arfhamza » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 pm

Hello,

You can still work until you get your decision, and if its negative ( probably is from my same experience ) you can appeal and still keep your right to work.
I have got the neg decision in August and 2 months went through without notifying me. so i went to the police station and they've served me the decision there.
The appeal takes time thats for sure, if you don't mind waiting several months here then stay and appeal, as I said you get to keep your right to work.
but It's up to you.

But yeah just to be sure go to the police station and ask for your decision there, you never know

Good luck !

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:36 pm

arfhamza wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 pm
You can still work until you get your decision, and if its negative ( probably is from my same experience ) you can appeal and still keep your right to work.
I have got the neg decision in August and 2 months went through without notifying me. so i went to the police station and they've served me the decision there.
The appeal takes time thats for sure, if you don't mind waiting several months here then stay and appeal, as I said you get to keep your right to work.
but It's up to you.

But yeah just to be sure go to the police station and ask for your decision there, you never know
Asylym seekers can continue to work but the original poster said the application was based on employment. First employment permits must be applied from abroad unless one of the exemptions applies and the right to work only starts with a positive decision.

nathan2061

Post by nathan2061 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm

arfhamza wrote:
Hello,

but It's up to you.

Good luck !
Hey, this was my first residence permit for an employed person in Finland. I am currently residing in Finland as I was here as a tourist, then went and worked in Estonia for 12 months on a work visa there. Once that expired I came back to Finland and applied for a working permit here and have been waiting for the decision since last year. So have never had working rights in Finland before. But from what I have seen online that if you get the “Waiting for the Authorities to serve you the decision” it’s most likely negative. Probably so they can be sure that you know you’re not allowed to stay in the country etc. otherwise there would be no need to tell you face to face if it was positive?

nathan2061

Post by nathan2061 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:53 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:36 pm
arfhamza wrote:
but It's up to you.

Asylym seekers can continue to work but the original poster said the application was based on employment. First employment permits must be applied from abroad unless one of the exemptions applies and the right to work only starts with a positive decision.

Hey, I’m not an asylum seeker. I applied for the permit while on Finland.

arfhamza

Post by arfhamza » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:36 pm

nathan2061 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm
arfhamza wrote:
Hello,

but It's up to you.

Good luck !
Hey, this was my first residence permit for an employed person in Finland. I am currently residing in Finland as I was here as a tourist, then went and worked in Estonia for 12 months on a work visa there. Once that expired I came back to Finland and applied for a working permit here and have been waiting for the decision since last year. So have never had working rights in Finland before. But from what I have seen online that if you get the “Waiting for the Authorities to serve you the decision” it’s most likely negative. Probably so they can be sure that you know you’re not allowed to stay in the country etc. otherwise there would be no need to tell you face to face if it was positive?
Correct my friend.
They do so just to make sure that you have received the negative decision.
I didnt know that you have applied while on a visa tourist.
In that case you cant work while appealing.
If I were you i wont waste money, by staying and waiting for the appeal that may take another year ( living here is expensive especially if you do not have a steady income)
I would go back to my home country and reapply from there if possible.
You’ll know better than me, but good luck anyways :D

nathan2061

Post by nathan2061 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies. Quick Update - have just had a phone call from the police asking me to go there tomorrow to receive the decision. I thought it would take weeks for them to deliver this to me.

Decision was made 28/01/20
Contacted by Authorities on 29/01/20
Will meet with them on 31/01/20.

Have already prepared for it to be negative and have started to already make arrangement to leave Finland.

Just sharing my experience in hope it helps other people now or in the future.

Will let you all know the “Official” outcome soon.

Good luck to everyone else with their visas and permits :)