My husband got assault court case and my first resident visa app is still not processed

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
spinx_801

My husband got assault court case and my first resident visa app is still not processed

Post by spinx_801 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 am

Hi! I just got married last Nov. 2019 with my finnish husband and I’m Asian. My first resident visa under family ties has been applied and waiting for the result up to now which is (still waiting to process from enterfinland.com). It’s almost 3months now that I’m waiting the result. A week ago the Police called my husband as he got assault case from his last finnish ex-gf which happens years back and the police just got action now. I’m worried. Would this court case affect my visa application result as negative? Or will it also be pending until the court case is finished? What if the court case will finish after 5 years? How is my visa application will be then?
Anybody who have knowledge of this matter? Or any experience? May i know how to deal with this?
Thank you for those who will respond.
Have a great day :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jarikaija

Re: My husband got assault court case and my first resident visa app is still not processed

Post by jarikaija » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 am

spinx_801 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:10 am
called my husband as he got assault case from his last finnish ex-gf which happens years back and the police just got action now. I’m worried. Would this
I would not to be so worried. Happend years ago... I'm sure migri have all information already about your husband and if someone won't inform migri about police action, they will not know anything about latest case... And anyway, they are not so interested about fin party criminal record (if not child abuse, smugling people to finland or similar). They are interested if you, or anyone else, who is coming to finland have... It is possible, if migri get information about that now, that they want to interview your husband... but still... don't be so worry...

And... about your application time... Maximum (on law) waiting time is 9 month anyway. (This will be longer nowadays, since migri doesn't have enough staff to work with applications). My wife got it 7 months (year ago). From Asia area too, but that time Migri had an 100 more workers...
Last edited by jarikaija on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

spinx_801

Re: My husband got assault court case and my first resident visa app is still not processed

Post by spinx_801 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 am

Thank you so much for the quick responce. It helps me not to stressed things out a lot. Have a nice day :)

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:13 pm

spinx_801 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 am
Thank you so much for the quick responce. It helps me not to stressed things out a lot. Have a nice day :)
Anyway.... if your husband is going to move later (like at retirement) to your country (I quess, Thailand), he
can't get marriage visa to there if he have criminal records. I'm not sure about the time, but I think, that "light"
criminal records will be cleared after 20 years, if not homicide case (then never).

When I'm was a kid, I did some stupid things too, but right now I have a clear history (I ordered 2 years ago
criminal records information about me) and I can move to Thailand when it is time to do :wink:
Last edited by jarikaija on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

spinx_801

Post by spinx_801 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Thank you very much. This helps a lot. It’s very informative. And good to know you are all cleared from police record. God bless you :)

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 am

spinx_801 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:21 pm
Thank you very much. This helps a lot. It’s very informative. And good to know you are all cleared from police record. God bless you :)
When you get decision for your RP application, will you tell it here then, that we know everything gone right?

Still wondering... man attacking over ex-wife... uhhh... are you sure, he won't attack over you?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:56 am

jarikaija wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 am
Still wondering... man attacking over ex-wife... uhhh... are you sure, he won't attack over you?
Are you sure her husband actually did what the accuser claims?
False accusations after relationship breakup are common.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:10 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:56 am
jarikaija wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 am
Are you sure her husband actually did what the accuser claims?
False accusations after relationship breakup are common.
That's true too... Who knows...