Work residence permit personal experience

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
passingBy

Post by passingBy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am

Hello everyone,

So I decided to share my experience with the work residence permit since that i went through some hard times and someone might benefit from my experience;

I came here from an non eu country as an exchange student, had a 5 months B resident permit for studies.
I have applied for a work residence permit that requires a partial decision from TE office.
TE office has asked me about my degree, and since I didn't have any back then, the partial decision was negative -> after 4 months of waiting, Migri's decision came negative too.
I have appealed, and that gave me the right to stay here and keep working.
During that time i was able to finish my masters degree (remotely) and got the degree certificate from my home country.
I have applied on new grounds ( as a special expert ) while waiting for the appeal results, and got my residence permit approval after two months :D

Good luck everyone with their application.
Last edited by passingBy on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leo_suomi

Re: Work residence permit personal experience

Post by leo_suomi » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:55 am

It's great to hear! Congratulations for the results and your patience :)

passingBy

Post by passingBy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:37 am

leo_suomi wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:55 am
It's great to hear! Congratulations for the results and your patience :)
Thank you so much :wink:

Kobe

Post by Kobe » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 pm

passingBy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am
Hello everyone,

So I decided to share my experience with the work residence permit since that i went through some hard times and someone might benefit from my experience;

I came here from an non eu country as an exchange student, had a 5 months B resident permit for studies.
I have applied for a work residence permit that requires a partial decision from TE office.
TE office has asked me about my degree, and since I didn't have any back then, the partial decision was negative -> after 4 months of waiting, Migri's decision came negative too.
During that time i was able to finish my masters degree (remotely) and got the degree certificate from my home country.
I have applied on new grounds ( as a special expert ) while waiting for the appeal results, and got my residence permit approval after two months :D

i have also made and appeal and i reapply last jan.2, 2020 and immigration issued me a todistus which i am not allowed to travel and can stay here in finland...but my problem is police call me that they need to talk to me about my case..so worried!

passingBy

Post by passingBy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 pm

Kobe wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 pm
passingBy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am
Hello everyone,

i have also made and appeal and i reapply last jan.2, 2020 and immigration issued me a todistus which i am not allowed to travel and can stay here in finland...but my problem is police call me that they need to talk to me about my case..so worried!
As far as I know there is no law that prevents you from reapplying and appealing,
The main rule for applying for a residence permit in Finland is that you need to be legally here in Finland.
That’s it. And if you have appealed then you are legal in Finland.
Don’t worry too much mate, just go there as they asked and check what’s going on.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 pm

passingBy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 pm
As far as I know there is no law that prevents you from reapplying and appealing,
The main rule for applying for a residence permit in Finland is that you need to be legally here in Finland.
Don’t worry too much mate, just go there as they asked and check what’s going on.
There is no such rule.

passingBy

Post by passingBy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:28 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 pm
passingBy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 pm
There is no such rule.
yes there is, check migri website
Obviously you can't apply for an extension if you don't have a valid visa or staying illegally, can you ?
I'm just saying that if the reapply was illegal, they wont let him do it in the first place.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:23 am

passingBy wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:28 am
yes there is, check migri website
Obviously you can't apply for an extension if you don't have a valid visa or staying illegally, can you ?
I'm just saying that if the reapply was illegal, they wont let him do it in the first place.
I prefer legislation over government organisation websites. Submitting applications is a constitutional right.

"Everyone has the right to have his or her case dealt with appropriately and without undue delay by a legally competent court of law or other authority, as well as to have a decision pertaining to his or her rights or obligations reviewed by a court of law or other independent organ for the administration of justice."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 990731.pdf

Now on the question of whether the decision will be positive, for example asylum seekers can be in the country illegally at the point of submitting an application and get a positive decision. For other types of applications, see, for example, section 49 "Issue of first fixed-term residence permits to aliens who have entered the country without residence permits" of the Aliens Act.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

Kobe

Post by Kobe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 pm

update:
i have been to the police today. police called me to tell that my TE office decision is positive...and still i am legal to stay in finland untill the decision for my reapplication will be positive..hoping for the best!!🙏🙏🙏

passingBy

Post by passingBy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm

Kobe wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 pm
update:
i have been to the police today. police called me to tell that my TE office decision is positive...and still i am legal to stay in finland untill the decision for my reapplication will be positive..hoping for the best!!🙏🙏🙏
Congrats my friend,
All the best for you.
hopefully you will get your residence soon

Rei_22

Post by Rei_22 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:30 pm

how do i know if an office TE has processed my documents?
can i write an email to the TE office ??
Im applied for work residence permit.

slimshady3466

Post by slimshady3466 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 am

Rei_22 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:30 pm
how do i know if an office TE has processed my documents?
can i write an email to the TE office ??
Im applied for work residence permit.
At the moment they are processing applications from November 2019 :
http://toimistot.te-palvelut.fi/sv/uusi ... it-matters

The way you know that TE office has processed your documents is by checking if the partial decision step is over in Enter Finland

Rei_22

Post by Rei_22 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm

November 2019 for all aplication in Finland,or this is for some regions ?