Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
alisa_v123

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by alisa_v123 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:10 am

Doncod wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 pm
alisa_v123 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi guys,

I have one question regarding the period of residence when applying for Finnish citizenship. During the time when I was studying in university, I moved out of Finland temporarily to do two compulsory internship and one exchange study abroad, each duration lasted 3 months.

As I read on migri website, it says:

"The following periods of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence, and their time will be calculated as continuous residence time:

absences of a maximum of one month
a maximum of six periods of absence that last 1–2 months each
a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2–6 months each"

In the last sentence, it says "a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2-6 months each".
In my case, I was out of Finland 3 periods, each time 3 months, so in total I have 9 months outside Finland.

However, for example, if a person leaves Finland 2 periods, each time 6 months, in total that person has 12 months outside Finland.

If comparing the absences period, I stayed out of Finland less than the other person, but based on migri website, I am not qualified because migri allows only two periods and I had three periods.

Therefore, I would like to ask, since I moved out of Finland only temporarily and not permanently, will it effect my period of residency?

Look forward for your reply
Cheers!! :D
Well in my own opinion I think you have violated the period of residency, it doesn't matter if the reason for staying outside Finland was temporarily or permanently.
House, if am wrong you can elaborate more on it.
There is a chance that I violated the period of residency, but I am not sure how migri will calculate that. Migri allows to be away 2 times, from 2-6 months. I was out for 3 times, 3 months each. So theoretically, I violated only one time. But then again, that one time does not comply with any of migri's statements, because migri said:

"The following period of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence but it will not be calculated as continuous residence time:

a period of absence that lasts longer than six months but one year at maximum" => in my case, it was less than 6 months

or

If you are absent from Finland for longer than a year, your continuous period of residence is interrupted. The periods you have lived in Finland before your absence will be counted towards your accumulated period of residence. => obviously not my case

So basically, I do not know how migri will deal with my violation of 3 months away for my compulsory exchange study.

Let me know what you think.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 am

Is the processing time checker ever updated? It doesn’t appear to be so I have serious doubts about its accuracy.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:33 pm

People are posting updates in the “old” thread.

rickx1234

Post by rickx1234 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 am

alisa_v123 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:10 am
Doncod wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 pm
alisa_v123 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi guys,

I have one question regarding the period of residence when applying for Finnish citizenship. During the time when I was studying in university, I moved out of Finland temporarily to do two compulsory internship and one exchange study abroad, each duration lasted 3 months.

As I read on migri website, it says:

"The following periods of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence, and their time will be calculated as continuous residence time:

absences of a maximum of one month
a maximum of six periods of absence that last 1–2 months each
a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2–6 months each"

In the last sentence, it says "a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2-6 months each".
In my case, I was out of Finland 3 periods, each time 3 months, so in total I have 9 months outside Finland.

However, for example, if a person leaves Finland 2 periods, each time 6 months, in total that person has 12 months outside Finland.

If comparing the absences period, I stayed out of Finland less than the other person, but based on migri website, I am not qualified because migri allows only two periods and I had three periods.

Therefore, I would like to ask, since I moved out of Finland only temporarily and not permanently, will it effect my period of residency?

Look forward for your reply
Cheers!! :D
Well in my own opinion I think you have violated the period of residency, it doesn't matter if the reason for staying outside Finland was temporarily or permanently.
House, if am wrong you can elaborate more on it.
There is a chance that I violated the period of residency, but I am not sure how migri will calculate that. Migri allows to be away 2 times, from 2-6 months. I was out for 3 times, 3 months each. So theoretically, I violated only one time. But then again, that one time does not comply with any of migri's statements, because migri said:

"The following period of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence but it will not be calculated as continuous residence time:

a period of absence that lasts longer than six months but one year at maximum" => in my case, it was less than 6 months

or

If you are absent from Finland for longer than a year, your continuous period of residence is interrupted. The periods you have lived in Finland before your absence will be counted towards your accumulated period of residence. => obviously not my case

So basically, I do not know how migri will deal with my violation of 3 months away for my compulsory exchange study.

Let me know what you think.
Migri simply stick to the rules and do what they say. No hidden agenda.
Pretty straight forward: the LAST 3-month period will be excluded from your continuous residence, which is still regarded as ''uninterrupted''. So if you have been residing in Finland since Jan 2016 on A, then your continuous residence by now is 4Y3M minus 3 M, that is 4Y.

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 pm

You did not fly back in those periods of 3 months just for 1 day (Saturday) or more? That would solve your problem entirely and you should have been doing that.
Then you had 6 times less than 2 months... and you would qualify... Now you have to start over.... :cry: or at least start to count over like mentioned above by rickx1234
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Software

Post by Software » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 am

Base on your travel history. You didn't interrupt but just that the period will not be counted among your accumulated period of residence. If you are outside Finland more than one year in your last 2 years of residence in Finland then you have interrupted your stay.

It happened to me. I was outside Finland for 1.5years and was interrupted. I had to stay for another 2yrs uninterrupted before I could apply for citizenship and all my accumulated period of residency must be 6yrs altogether which I was able to meet up. Students years and the 1.5yrs spend abroad wasn't counted.

heretostay wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 am
Is the processing time checker ever updated? It doesn’t appear to be so I have serious doubts about its accuracy.
Last edited by Software on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am

Software wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 am
Base on your travel history. You didn't interrupt but just that the period will not be counted among your accumulated period of residence. If you are outside Finland more than one year in your last 2 years of residence in Finland then you gave interrupted your stay.

It happened to me. I was outside Finland for 1.5years and was interrupted. I had to stay for another 2yrs uninterrupted before I can apply for citizenship and all my accumulated period of residency must be 6yrs which I was able to meet up. Students years and the 1.5yrs spend abroad wasn't counted.

Were you outside 1.5 years in the past two years or during total residence time?

heretostay wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 am

Ams2020

Post by Ams2020 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and i noticed some people taking about the grounds on which the application was made.

Do you have any ideas about applications on immigration grounds, does it take longer or less time, since in this situation you don't need any job contract or bank statements. Any one has information or experience regarding this issue.

Thanks.

rickx1234

Post by rickx1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 am

Ams2020 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and i noticed some people taking about the grounds on which the application was made.

Do you have any ideas about applications on immigration grounds, does it take longer or less time, since in this situation you don't need any job contract or bank statements. Any one has information or experience regarding this issue.

Thanks.
Almost all who made citizenship applications were immigrants on immigration grounds. So what are you referring these ''immigration grounds'' to?

hensalas

Post by hensalas » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Got my citizenship today :D it took 4 months and 3 days since I proved my identity at Migri in Helsinki.

rickx1234

Post by rickx1234 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 am

hensalas wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:18 pm
Got my citizenship today :D it took 4 months and 3 days since I proved my identity at Migri in Helsinki.
congratulations.

What was your application ground, if I may ask? family or work?

hensalas

Post by hensalas » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:12 pm

Thanks. It was based on family ties.
rickx1234 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 am
hensalas wrote:
congratulations.

rickx1234

Post by rickx1234 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

hensalas wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:12 pm
Thanks. It was based on family ties.
rickx1234 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 am
hensalas wrote:
congratulations.

Thank you!

Ams2020

Post by Ams2020 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 am

rickx1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 am
Ams2020 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Almost all who made citizenship applications were immigrants on immigration grounds. So what are you referring these ''immigration grounds'' to?
I was referring to the bases of application, if it is family ties, work or if he was an asylum seeker and then got his residence in the country.
I noticed that family ties is probably the fastest, how about other two cases if it's work or just an asylum seeker who got residence.

arsenal

Post by arsenal » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 am

I received a decision. Here's my timeline:

4/12/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
5/7/2019 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application.
11/12/2019 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
11/25/2019 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
4/2/2020 A decision has been made on your application.

I applied in Tampere but then again this doesn't matter. Almost one year of waiting. Be patient. Wish you guys good luck and stay safe.