Getting Class in Applied Universities

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Ali_RIAZ

Post by Ali_RIAZ » Sat May 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi, I have been doing my Ph.D. in Accounting at Åbo Akademi University since May 2017. Currently, I have submitted my thesis for review and expecting that my degree will end within this year and I also have few good publications in internationally recognized journals as well as past university-level teaching experiences. Hence I am searching for teaching ( lecturer, course instructor, etc.) jobs in different Applied universities who have BBA or MBA or related business programs. I saw that there are plenty of BBA and MBA programs available in those Applied Universities which are in English. Therefore, my question is what should be the way of applying for those courses as a lecturer or instructor. I have checked their websites and not all universities have the clearcut information regarding job vacancies or any process of submitting a CV. Is it wise to visit them physically and drop my CV?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Getting Class in Applied Universities

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat May 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Ali_RIAZ wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:25 pm
I also have few good publications in internationally recognized journals as well as past university-level teaching experiences.
Compared to universities, UAS are less interested in scientific merits and often require relevant work experience.
Ali_RIAZ wrote:
I am searching for teaching ( lecturer, course instructor, etc.) jobs in different Applied universities who have BBA or MBA or related business programs. I saw that there are plenty of BBA and MBA programs available in those Applied Universities which are in English.
I would be surprised if there are many positions available for people who cannot also teach in Finnish (or Swedish) - usually only a tiny fraction of the programs are in English.
Ali_RIAZ wrote:
Therefore, my question is what should be the way of applying for those courses as a lecturer or instructor. I have checked their websites and not all universities have the clearcut information regarding job vacancies or any process of submitting a CV.
Check the Finnish versions of their websites.
Open positions and open application options are usually advertised there.

heretostay

Re: Getting Class in Applied Universities

Post by heretostay » Sat May 09, 2020 4:45 pm

When I was at UAS, the instructors either were Finnish (bilingual) so that they could teach both English and Finnish programs or had decades of work experience. You would be better off to try at an English lukio.