Traveling to Finland as a family member during Covid-19

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
fintel

Re: Traveling to Finland as a family member during Covid-19

Post by fintel » Sun May 10, 2020 5:34 pm

muskrat wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:59 pm
Whether pregnancy helps my case or not is irrelevant. :)
Hypothetical situation not relating to you.

COVID 19 crisis and desperate family reunion measures.

Man wants to be with his family in Finland.

Man attempts to board a plane to Finland, gets denied because of the epidemic.

Man doesn't have a physical resident permit in possession.

Man loses money for the ticket he bought.

He now wants the physical resident permit and does not meet the 2 year cohabitation requirement for family members.

Man sends his sperm in a chilled Fedex box to Finland and gets the partner pregnant remotely with artificial insemination.

Woman applies for a pregnancy certificate from a Doctor in Finland.

Man obtains the pregnancy certificate and applies for a resident permit at the Finnish Embassy in his home country claiming intimate relationship without cohabitation.

Man gets the resident permit in his home country.

Man Boards flight to Finland with a resident permit.

Circumvents the Epidemic and lives happily ever after.

:D
Last edited by fintel on Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Solariceblue

Post by Solariceblue » Sun May 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Heh, sounds funny and even manageable :D but considering the fact that all those actions are going to take hellton of time, as the residence permit issuance itself takes 5-9 months (and for the rest I can imagine, too), the covid situation will be dealt with by then anyway (well, hopefully). So easier just to wait :)
Last edited by Solariceblue on Sun May 10, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun May 10, 2020 6:30 pm

fintel wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:24 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:58 pm
You will not succeed with your attempts to bully me into staying silent when you are harming other people with incorrect information.
This is not an attempt to bully. I use upper case fonts to make a point.

I do not want anyone to interfere with my CORRECT ADVICE.

You have interfered with CORRECT ADVICE on more than one occasion.
How do you think this would be enforced? Although many people do it (trust random online posts), people should take any unverified online post with a grain of salt.

muskrat

Post by muskrat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:56 am

Hello, I'm the OP with another question.

Assume that I can travel to Iceland from the US after 1 July. (I know this probably won't be possible, but for the sake of this question, please assume that I'm in Iceland legally.) Would I then be able to travel to Finland from there as a US citizen?

Here's the text I'm trying to clarify (from raja.fi), especially the part in bold. Does this refer to normal (pre-covid) entry conditions for a tourist arriving in Finland?
Q: I will be travelling to Finland directly from Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania/Norway/Denmark or Iceland. Do internal border controls apply to me?

A: Internal border controls have been lifted from travel between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, and from pleasure craft travel between the Schengen countries. If you travel directly from these countries to Finland, the travel is possible without restrictions in at all airports and all seaports, for example, assuming that the traffic location is open.

Traffic has returned back to normal between these countries, regardless of the citizenship. For example, other nationalities than Norwegians can travel directly from Norway to Finland, if the conditions for entering and staying in Finland are in order.

---

Q: Matkustan Suomeen suoraan Virosta/Latviasta/Liettuasta/Norjasta/Tanskasta tai Islannista. Koskeeko sisärajavalvonta minua?

A: Sisärajavalvonta on poistunut Suomen ja Norjan, Tanskan, Islannin, Viron, Latvian ja Liettuan välisestä liikenteestä sekä Schengen-maiden välisestä huvialusliikenteestä. Jos matkustat suoraan edellä mainituista maista Suomeen on edellä mainittu liikenne rajoituksitta mahdollista mm. kaikilla lentoasemilla ja kaikissa satamissa, edellyttäen, että liikennepaikka on avoinna.

Liikenne on palautettu normaaliksi näiden maiden välillä, riippumatta kansalaisuudesta. Esimerkiksi Norjasta voi siis saapua suoraan Suomeen muunkin maan kansalainen kuin norjalainen, kunhan maahantulon ja maassa oleskelun edellytykset ovat kunnossa.

muskrat

Post by muskrat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm

muskrat wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:56 am
Assume that I can travel to Iceland from the US after 1 July. (I know this probably won't be possible, but for the sake of this question, please assume that I'm in Iceland legally.) Would I then be able to travel to Finland from there as a US citizen?
I got an answer directly from Raja: yes, this would be possible. No border checks on the Finland side when coming from Iceland.