One company, multiple trade names

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
SkyLinx

Post by SkyLinx » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi all. My wife has an online store backed by a OY company. She currently sells some interior design products such as paints, as well as sustainable/fair trade clothes. This is confusing so we are looking to separate the two things into separate stores. However we would like to use a single company to keep costs down. Is it possible, here in Finland, to have one company but multiple trade names (not sure that's what they are called)?

So that we would use name X on one website (with receipts showing X), and name Y for the other website (with receipts showing Y).

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: One company, multiple trade names

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 pm

SkyLinx wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:12 pm
Hi all. My wife has an online store backed by a OY company. She currently sells some interior design products such as paints, as well as sustainable/fair trade clothes. This is confusing so we are looking to separate the two things into separate stores. However we would like to use a single company to keep costs down. Is it possible, here in Finland, to have one company but multiple trade names (not sure that's what they are called)?

So that we would use name X on one website (with receipts showing X), and name Y for the other website (with receipts showing Y).
Yes, the Finnish term is aputoiminimi.

SkyLinx

Post by SkyLinx » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:28 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 pm
SkyLinx wrote:

Gotcha. Found this about aputoiminimi https://www.prh.fi/en/kaupparekisteri/y ... inimi.html. Sounds like my case is similar to the first example, with the trader selling different things under different auxiliary names. What about accounting? It's just a single company with regards to accounting too, right? So I just use different names on the receipts or is there something else that needs to be done differently? And which format should I use for the auxiliary name on the receipts? Say that the main company is named "Main company" and the auxiliary name is "Auxiliary name". Should receipts show only "Auxiliary name" or include "Main company" as well? Thanks!

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:54 pm

SkyLinx wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:28 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 pm
SkyLinx wrote:

Gotcha. Found this about aputoiminimi https://www.prh.fi/en/kaupparekisteri/y ... inimi.html. Sounds like my case is similar to the first example, with the trader selling different things under different auxiliary names. What about accounting? It's just a single company with regards to accounting too, right? So I just use different names on the receipts or is there something else that needs to be done differently? And which format should I use for the auxiliary name on the receipts? Say that the main company is named "Main company" and the auxiliary name is "Auxiliary name". Should receipts show only "Auxiliary name" or include "Main company" as well? Thanks!
https://go.accountor.fi/aputoiminimi/