Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Barber1

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Barber1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm

He everybody
I have a question about the waiting period. I Know people whose waiting almost for more than a year !!! According to the Immigration Service, the processing period for applications is 11-12 months. Anyone have any idea about ​​this thing ??

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Barber1 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm
He everybody
I have a question about the waiting period. I Know people whose waiting almost for more than a year !!! According to the Immigration Service, the processing period for applications is 11-12 months. Anyone have any idea about ​​this thing ??
Estimated processing time. Means could be more or could be less. With corona situation, the estimate is probably longer than 11-12 months.

Barber1

Post by Barber1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:48 pm

heretostay wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Barber1 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm
He everybody
Estimated processing time. Means could be more or could be less. With corona situation, the estimate is probably longer than 11-12 months.
Yes, I know that Corona virus affects the situation in general, but I hope that the processing time is not to be too long ..

pikku_tatti25

Post by pikku_tatti25 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:05 pm

toystory wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:20 pm
pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:30 pm
I'm from a SE Asian country. I have lived here for 4,5 years. I actually got my P permit on basis of work just 2 months before I started to apply for citizenship. I had read somewhere that process could even take 12 - 18 months, so i thought " why not just send the application in, by the time they start the process, i would live here for 5 years already?" Personally, I'm not really sure your country of origin matters that much, because my country has quite high rejection rate for RP application. Anw, I think I was very lucky too.

All the best you guys!
Did you pass the language test in the first try? How have you managed to learn the language?
Yes I did. I attended classes, self-studied and watched some kids' shows on Yle :D For me, the challenge is never to pass the test, but to actually use Finnish in daily life. Sadly, my Finnish is still pretty bad...

pikku_tatti25

Post by pikku_tatti25 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:59 am

toystory wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:15 pm
pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Yes I did. I attended classes, self-studied and watched some kids' shows on Yle :D For me, the challenge is never to pass the test, but to actually use Finnish in daily life. Sadly, my Finnish is still pretty bad...
What form of ID did you have to bring to the test? Also if I fail, can I take the test as many times as I want?
I took the tests almost 3 years ago so I can't remember very well, but I guess I brought my passport and Finnish ID card. You can take the test as many times as you want, but since it is quite expensive, i aimed to get it on my first attempt :ochesey:

kristina30

Post by kristina30 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 pm

pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:30 pm
finblack wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 am
pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:36 pm
Hello all,

It's my turn to share the good news.
I received my decision today 11.6.2020.
Proved identity on 29.4.2020.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Where are you originally from ?
Hi, if it helps, I could share some of my background info.

I'm from a SE Asian country. I have lived here for 4,5 years. I actually got my P permit on basis of work just 2 months before I started to apply for citizenship. I had read somewhere that process could even take 12 - 18 months, so i thought " why not just send the application in, by the time they start the process, i would live here for 5 years already?" Personally, I'm not really sure your country of origin matters that much, because my country has quite high rejection rate for RP application. Anw, I think I was very lucky too.

All the best you guys!
Hi I am from SE Asia too. I proved my identity last Jan2,2020 and still waiting. I am living here for 4,5years now with type A residence work permit. I wonder if you applied outside the Metropolitan Area?

pikku_tatti25

Post by pikku_tatti25 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:15 am

kristina30 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi I am from SE Asia too. I proved my identity last Jan2,2020 and still waiting. I am living here for 4,5years now with type A residence work permit. I wonder if you applied outside the Metropolitan Area?
Hi there, I live and applied in Helsinki. It came as a surprise that the process was so fast. Moreover, I expected a 30-min long interview when proving identity but the Migri guy did all the talking and I walked out after less than 10min.
toystory wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 pm

But are you as cute as him?
Unfortunately I'm a girl though I'm pretty damn cute :lol:

kristina30

Post by kristina30 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:40 pm

pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:15 am
kristina30 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi there, I live and applied in Helsinki. It came as a surprise that the process was so fast. Moreover, I expected a 30-min long interview when proving identity but the Migri guy did all the talking and I walked out after less than 10min.
toystory wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 pm

But are you as cute as him?
Unfortunately I'm a girl though I'm pretty damn cute :lol:
Congrats! I was interviewed by a woman so i guess i'll have it by next year haha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kahvipuu

Post by kahvipuu » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 pm

There was some interesting information on Maahanmuuttovirasto's Twitter account today, so I thought to share it here for those who do not follow that platform.
  • You can get new estimate on the waiting time once your application goes above the generally estimated time-frame, by e-mail, but not on the phone
  • The number of applications in "Processing Time Checker" is the total number of applications on the same grounds (e.g. 3847 as of June 5th), is roughly updated once a month, and contains (sums up) all the applications submitted by that date (your position in the queue is unknown)
  • You should not compare yourself with others in terms of the waiting time :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • They "understand" that the wait is frustrating :lol: :lol:

Barber1

Post by Barber1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 pm

kahvipuu wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 pm
There was some interesting information on Maahanmuuttovirasto's Twitter account today, so I thought to share it here for those who do not follow that platform.
  • You can get new estimate on the waiting time once your application goes above the generally estimated time-frame, by e-mail, but not on the phone
  • The number of applications in "Processing Time Checker" is the total number of applications on the same grounds (e.g. 3847 as of June 5th), is roughly updated once a month, and contains (sums up) all the applications submitted by that date (your position in the queue is unknown)
  • You should not compare yourself with others in terms of the waiting time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi,
I will share a link where you can see more details about applications and decisions.
It is an article published by the Immigration Service 👇
https://tilastot.migri.fi/

finblack

Post by finblack » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 pm

kahvipuu wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:33 pm
That's what they always say. But they skillfully discriminate when deciding everything in this country... What can we do? Afterral it's their country

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:45 pm

toystory wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:05 pm
finblack wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 pm
That's what they always say. But they skillfully discriminate when deciding everything in this country... What can we do? Afterral it's their country
My observation is that citizenship process occurs with the following hierarchy of speed in processing, given all other factors are equal (paid taxes, no crimes):

1. Nordic countries (Iceland, Sweden, Denmark)
2. Asian countries (Philippines, Malaysia, Japan, China)
3. USA, Canada
4. EU countries (Hungary, Romania)
5. Ukraine, Turkey, India, Russia, (non EU countries)
6. African countries (Somalia, Ghana, Kenya etc)

There is no evidence that I have seen to support this. If you have some, please provide it. Your observations of a few friends and people on this forum are not evidence.

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Has it ever occurred to anyone on this thread (and similar) that background checks are based on each case individually, and correspondence with various authorities in different countries will take differing amounts of time, and for that reason the system can't be expected to have a regular ordered "first in first out" queue?

I've been waiting nearly a year since my application, EU citizen, *decades* permanently resident in Finland, most of my adult life actually,totally spotless background, never been in any trouble, no trouble with the language and have an excellent employment history.

People who have applied after me have had their decisions already, but guess what, every case is obviously different so I'm perfectly content to wait!

Barber1

Post by Barber1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:21 am

toystory wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:11 am
zetorpilot wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 pm
I've been waiting nearly a year since my application, EU citizen, *decades* permanently resident in Finland, most of my adult life actually,totally spotless background, never been in any trouble, no trouble with the language and have an excellent employment history.
Maybe it's all random but I would like to see a couple of African nationals come forward with a short time frame to citizenship story to add validity to this.
At the moment there are a lot of applicants who are still waiting for a long time, some of them have been waiting for more than a year .. I feel frustrated with the long wait😞😞

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:29 am

zetorpilot wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 pm
Has it ever occurred to anyone on this thread (and similar) that background checks are based on each case individually, and correspondence with various authorities in different countries will take differing amounts of time, and for that reason the system can't be expected to have a regular ordered "first in first out" queue?

People who have applied after me have had their decisions already, but guess what, every case is obviously different so I'm perfectly content to wait!
Does migri need to contact authorities of many different countries in your case?