Does a negative partial decision automatically mean negative migri decision?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
fishinggrapes

Post by fishinggrapes » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm

I applied for a residence permit application back in December 2019 and just received the partial decision from the TE office and it was negative. The reason was my salary was too low for the position I was selected for even though it was over the minimum salary of 1300 euros. Does this mean my migri decision will be negative as well?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Does a negative partial decision automatically mean negative migri decision?

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:45 pm

fishinggrapes wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm
I applied for a residence permit application back in December 2019 and just received the partial decision from the TE office and it was negative. The reason was my salary was too low for the position I was selected for even though it was over the minimum salary of 1300 euros.
https://migri.fi/en/working-in-finland/ ... equirement
Migri wrote: If there is no collective agreement in your sector, your gross salary must be at least EUR 1,236 per month in 2020.
It is rare that an employment in Finland is not covered by a collective agreement, and 1300 Euro per month is far below the minimum salary even for positions like office cleaner.
fishinggrapes wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Does this mean my migri decision will be negative as well?
Yes.

betelgeuse

Re: Does a negative partial decision automatically mean negative migri decision?

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:41 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:45 pm
It is rare that an employment in Finland is not covered by a collective agreement, and 1300 Euro per month is far below the minimum salary even for positions like office cleaner.
Depends on how you define "rare". It's about 10% of all employees and closer to 20% for private sector employees.

"Näin sopimusten ulkopuolelle jäi 234 629 palkansaajaa ja työehtosopimusten piirissä olevien osuus yksityisen sektorin palkansaajista oli 83.8 %. Kun otetaan huomioon myös julkinen sektori, jolla sopimukset kattavat kaikki palkansaajat, kuului vuonna 2017 työehtosopimusten piiriin 88.8 % palkansaajista. "

https://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/bit ... sAllowed=y

fishinggrapes

Post by fishinggrapes » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Well. I just received my final decision and it was negative. My employer has asked the TE office to recommend a salary for my position and send a new application.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:56 am

fishinggrapes wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm
Well. I just received my final decision and it was negative. My employer has asked the TE office to recommend a salary for my position and send a new application.
Why isn’t the employer able to find out and read the relevant salary tables?