Need advice regarding job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:45 am

Hi,

I have asked few questions earlier and people out there have helped me whole heartedly.. and I am grateful for that..

Actually I have applied for a Residence permit for a spouse from india. I am holding masters degree in English literature. I just want to ask what kind of can I get in Finland. Is there any kind of Certificate that I should have ,and can help me in getting some work..

I am thinking to get a TEFL certificate ..but m not a native speaker.. could you guys please tell me if this willbe helpful..?
Or is there anything that I can do to get a job in Finland.... I am asking this because my visa will be delayed due to covid-19 ..so m having some time on my hands...and want to utilize it....

Any suggestions please...

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Need advice regarding job

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:45 am
Or is there anything that I can do to get a job in Finland.... I am asking this because my visa will be delayed due to covid-19 ..so m having some time on my hands...and want to utilize it....
Learn Finnish.

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Why would they employ you even if you do speak Finnish (presumably nowhere as good as Finns)?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:29 am

agroot wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:28 pm
Why would they employ you even if you do speak Finnish (presumably nowhere as good as Finns)?
A residence permit with the right to work plus being able to work in Finnish gives a realistic chance of finding a job.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:01 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 pm
Manpreet kaur wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:45 am

Learn Finnish.
I would love to learn ...but I don't know where to start from.. Is there any online course to teach Finnish Language....that I can join.? Without teacher it seems a bit hard nut to crack...

Thanks

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:18 pm

Duolingo app has Finnish now but that is only in beta phase. But italki and other such websites can pair you with a teacher. My daughter used this teacher for 6 months before moving to Finland:

https://privatefinnishlessons.com/

It was more expensive but she was very pleased with how quickly she learned functional Finnish. Now she works in a job with customer service.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:18 pm
Duolingo app has Finnish now but that is only in beta phase. But italki and other such websites can pair you with a teacher. My daughter used this teacher for 6 months before moving to Finland:

https://privatefinnishlessons.com/

It was more expensive but she was very pleased with how quickly she learned functional Finnish. Now she works in a job with customer service.
Thank you so much for your help...but it's extremely expensive for me...