Exchanging Indian Driving license for Finland's driving license

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 am

Hi,

What are the rules to exchange Indian driving license for Finnish driving license....?

My sister-in-law submitted her Indian license to exchange for finland's driving license...but her request has been rejected stating that she has to appear for the test... don't know why.?... why she should have to appear for the test when she can get her license exchanged without driving examination as india is among those countries which have signed Geneva Road Traffic Convention.....

Her license was issued one year before she moved to Finland.. someone said that license should be two years old...it's only then possible to get your driving license exchanged for finland's license.... How true it is..?

If anyone has any idea ... please...

Is there any kind of rule that your Indian license must be two years old before you move to finland to get it exchanged....

Thank you and regards...
Last edited by Manpreet kaur on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Exchanging Indian Driving license for Finland's driving license

Post by Upphew » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 am

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 am
Hi,

What are the rules to exchange Indian driving license for Finnish driving license....?

My sister-in-law submitted her Indian license to exchange for finland's driving license...but her request has been rejected stating that she has to appear for the test... don't know why.?... why she should have to appear for the test when she can get her license exchanged without driving examination as india is among those countries which have signed Geneva Road Traffic Convention.....

Her license was issued one year before she moved to India.... someone said that license should be two years old...it's only then possible to get your driving license exchanged for finland's license.... How true it is..?

If anyone has any idea ... please...

Is there any kind of rule that your Indian license must be two years old before you move to finland to get it exchanged....

Thank you and regards...
https://ajokortti-info.fi/en/basic-info ... sh-licence Group 2 license? Or lived here over 2 years?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Is it true that Indian license must be 2years old to get it exchanged.?

My sister-in-law moved to Finland one year ago...but she had got her Indian license one year before....

Some people say that license must be two years old to get it exchanged...which means she must have had her license in India for two years....only then it could have become eligible for exchange....

What about this.?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:00 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 pm
Is it true that Indian license must be 2years old to get it exchanged.?

My sister-in-law moved to Finland one year ago...but she had got her Indian license one year before....

Some people say that license must be two years old to get it exchanged...which means she must have had her license in India for two years....only then it could have become eligible for exchange....

What about this.?
I haven't read anything that the license should be two years old. Who are the some people? Can they point the two year requirement from ajokortti-info.fi or from finlex.fi?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Her license was issued one year before she moved to India.... someone said that license should be two years old...it's only then possible to get your driving license exchanged for finland's license.... How true it is..?
Nooooo! You/she/he have 2 year TIME to convert aboard licence to Finnish licence. If missing that requirement, then
need to go to driving school again.

Group 2 licence requires always driving tests...

AND! If you are already at Finland with RP, then you can't go to driving school anymore to your home country
while holiday travelling... Have to get that licence before you get RP to finland (/ EU).

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 pm

[/quote)
https://ajokortti-info.fi/en/basic-info ... sh-licence Group 2 license? Or lived here over 2 years?
[/quote]

No...not group 2... It was category B for which she applied... She moved to Finland last year only ..

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:00 pm
I haven't read anything that the license should be two years old. Who are the some people? Can they point the two year requirement from ajokortti-info.fi or from finlex.fi?
By some people means some other foreigners...who have been living in Finland since many years.....

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:33 pm

Is it possible that authorities may have changed the rules now.?

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:40 pm

If not two years...how old a license should be to get it converted into Finnish one.?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:40 pm
If not two years...how old a license should be to get it converted into Finnish one.?
Old enough to predate moving to Finland.

” If your Contracting State driving licence was granted when you were permanently resident in Finland, it cannot be exchanged for a Finnish driving licence. You can only get a Finnish driving licence through mandatory lessons and driving examination.”

https://ajokortti-info.fi/en/basic-info ... sh-licence

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
don't know why.?
Did they not issue a written decision spelling out the reasons? If not request them to issue one.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 pm

Did they not issue a written decision spelling out the reasons? If not request them to issue one.
No ,they haven't mentioned any reason...

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:43 am

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:40 pm
One second old for most countries, like Thailand. For some countries you have to put "x" mark to paper,
where asked "do you have more than 6 month driving experience in Finland".

EDIT:

It seems, that 6 month driving experience requirement is removed this year... So, one second enough...

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 am

jarikaija wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:43 am
One second old for most countries, like Thailand. For some countries you have to put "x" mark to paper,
where asked "do you have more than 6 month driving experience in Finland".

EDIT:

It seems, that 6 month driving experience requirement is removed this year... So, one second enough...
What's the Driving experience requirement to exchange Indian driving license for a Finnish one..?

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

I am in India yet
...have applied for my license.. I will get it within a month

And waiting for finland to start RP process... It may take upto a year... I would like to know if 9-10 months' experience would be enough to get my Indian driving license exchanged for a Finnish one...