Having a RP for studies and not traveling

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
PITLUITTE

Post by PITLUITTE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:17 am

I applied for a residence permit for studies (the first residence permit via enterfinland) and got a positive decision. My studies are on campus learning, but the university gives an opportunity to study online for only the upcoming semester due to the pandemic situation (the next semester must be on campus learning in Finland). The issued residence permit starts from August (1 year duration), but as I want to study ONLINE, I will travel for the second semester (in january). I would like to know if it is a problem not to travel until the second semester? WIll I have any problem with entering the country. What must I do?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Having a RP for studies and not traveling

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 am

PITLUITTE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:17 am
I applied for a residence permit for studies (the first residence permit via enterfinland) and got a positive decision. My studies are on campus learning, but the university gives an opportunity to study online for only the upcoming semester due to the pandemic situation (the next semester must be on campus learning in Finland). The issued residence permit starts from August (1 year duration), but as I want to study ONLINE, I will travel for the second semester (in january). I would like to know if it is a problem not to travel until the second semester? WIll I have any problem with entering the country. What must I do?
You can enter during any day of validity.

PITLUITTE

Post by PITLUITTE » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm

So I must not notify the migri about it?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 pm

PITLUITTE wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm
So I must not notify the migri about it?
Migri can get the information through the population register. You never need to notify them directly about moving into Finland.

PITLUITTE

Post by PITLUITTE » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am

Thanks for the info.

So if I travel in December for instance, in the airport I will not be asked why I'm so late for the access into Finland as I got my RP in August? Why did not you travel earlier? You have lost the first semester etc?
How must I respond? So must I take any documents of proof for having studied online for the first semester?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:22 am

PITLUITTE wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am
So if I travel in December for instance, in the airport I will not be asked why I'm so late for the access into Finland as I got my RP in August? Why did not you travel earlier? You have lost the first semester etc?
How must I respond?
If someone asks just tell the truth.
PITLUITTE wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am
So must I take any documents of proof for having studied online for the first semester?
If you have some information electronically that you are studying online, it cannot harm to print a screenshot on a piece of paper.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Missing a trimester might become a problem when renewing your RP. Make sure you gather enough study points for renewal.