Index Funds

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mm_suomi

Index Funds

Post by mm_suomi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 pm

What is the best way to invest in Index Funds e.g.' S&P 500' from Finland. What plateform/bank do you use from Finland to invest your money?

Any experience in this regards will be appreciated, thanks!

Index Funds

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Index Funds

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:07 pm

mm_suomi wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 pm
What is the best way to invest in Index Funds e.g.' S&P 500' from Finland. What plateform/bank do you use from Finland to invest your money?

Any experience in this regards will be appreciated, thanks!
Nordnet has index funds for the Nordics with low or no fees.

https://www.nordnet.fi/faq/902-onko-nor ... in-kuluton

agroot

Post by agroot » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 am

I'm still using Interactive Brokers which allows access to funds and stocks across the whole planet. Their UK branch is for EU residents. Minimal fee is $10 per month if no transaction / transaction fee. It's designed for trading and the website is rather complicated. I actually haven't used it much since moved here (had to change trader because of region restrictions).

Most of small and specialized funds have been cut off from EU due to some stupid law made recently, but you can still invest the big ones which are repackaged as UCITS for EU residents. Funny there is no legal restriction on foreign stocks which have much higher risk.... (maybe they're jealous of US funds :lol:)

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 am

agroot wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 am
I'm still using Interactive Brokers which allows access to funds and stocks across the whole planet. Their UK branch is for EU residents. Minimal fee is $10 per month if no transaction / transaction fee. It's designed for trading and the website is rather complicated. I actually haven't used it much since moved here (had to change trader because of region restrictions).

Most of small and specialized funds have been cut off from EU due to some stupid law made recently, but you can still invest the big ones which are repackaged as UCITS for EU residents. Funny there is no legal restriction on foreign stocks which have much higher risk.... (maybe they're jealous of US funds :lol:)
How long does it take to open a trading account with interactive brokers?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 am

agroot wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 am
Their UK branch is for EU residents.
What will happen next year? It seems that UK won't be offering financial stuff to EU anytime soon.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 am

Nordet is your best bet. Their indexirahasto suomi is totally free of charge and the performance is about the same as the Seligson ETF, which charges 0,16% fee

agroot

Post by agroot » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 am
What will happen next year? It seems that UK won't be offering financial stuff to EU anytime soon.
I don't think there is any restriction by law, not even from US to EU. Many services just wouldn't bother with that. I guess either UK will keep operating or they will set up a new EU branch and ask members to transfer.
Maaria wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:34 am
How long does it take to open a trading account with interactive brokers?
A few days at most. It's all online operation; no mailing real papers like one I know. And their staff would check your identity / passport / residential permit. Although they may call you and British accent was really difficult to me (every words are crystal clear but can't understand :D)