Cancellation of Residence Permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
vic7

Post by vic7 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with writing a rejoinder to possible deportation and ban on entry or can tell me what the chances are of such an order being issued in my case?

I have a residence permit based on spousal ties but when the relationship ended I moved back to my home country. I have now gotten a letter from Migri "OPINION ON POSSIBLE CANCELLATION OF RESIDENCE PERMIT REQUEST FOR REJOINDER." In the letter they say they are also considering deportation and a ban on entry. I left Finland when the relationship and I haven't been back since but obviously I don't want to receive a ban on entry as this could have a lot of negative repercussions in the future for me beyond just being banned from entering Finland.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Cancellation of Residence Permit

Post by rinso » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:27 am

vic7 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:35 pm
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with writing a rejoinder to possible deportation and ban on entry or can tell me what the chances are of such an order being issued in my case?

I have a residence permit based on spousal ties but when the relationship ended I moved back to my home country. I have now gotten a letter from Migri "OPINION ON POSSIBLE CANCELLATION OF RESIDENCE PERMIT REQUEST FOR REJOINDER." In the letter they say they are also considering deportation and a ban on entry. I left Finland when the relationship and I haven't been back since but obviously I don't want to receive a ban on entry as this could have a lot of negative repercussions in the future for me beyond just being banned from entering Finland.

They are planning to cancel your RP, but they give you a chance to argue why that is unreasonable. ("I still want to come to Finland" is probably not a good enough reason.) So it depends on your argumentation, but I think the chances are slim.
Deportation is probably the standard text, but threatening with a ban makes me wonder if there is more to the story than a normal break-up.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am

vic7 wrote:
Hello,

Have you made the legally required notification of move abroad to DVV?

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:49 pm

vic7 wrote:
Hello,

First thing I would do is to call Migri.

vic7

Post by vic7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am
vic7 wrote:
Hello,

Have you made the legally required notification of move abroad to DVV?
I received an email from them a few months back asking me to update my new address abroad and I did that.

vic7

Post by vic7 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Maaria wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:49 pm
vic7 wrote:
Hello,

First thing I would do is to call Migri.
I'm not sure what I would say to them though because it's true that my relationship has ended and those were the grounds my permit was issued on. Would they give me any information such as whether my ex has made some claims against me?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

vic7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm

I'm not sure what I would say to them though because it's true that my relationship has ended and those were the grounds my permit was issued on. Would they give me any information such as whether my ex has made some claims against me?
If no grounds exists for bans, then one shouldn’t worry.

https://migri.fi/en/refusal-of-entry-and-deportation