Right of residence under the Withdrawal Agreement - Processing time

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
BritishTree

Post by BritishTree » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Hey all.

I have read that usually for EU citizens, there is essentially no processing time when registering one's right of residence provided that you're eligible (i.e. hold an EU passport and present the requiste documents). I have recently applied for the registration of my right of residence under the Withdrawal agreement. I had my appointment at the Migri office to submit my documents and have my fingerprints taken on the 5th of October, since then the status of application on EnterFinland still displays 'Waiting for processing' in black font on a green background. Is this normal? Has anyone any experience with this? How long is it typical to wait for a decision? I had thought that the decision would be fairly quickly, and so went ahead with booking appointments at Internation House Helsinki to register my residence and to apply for a tax card on the 16th. Is this a realistic time frame?

Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Right of residence under the Withdrawal Agreement - Processing time

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:42 pm

BritishTree wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm
I have read that usually for EU citizens, there is essentially no processing time when registering one's right of residence provided that you're eligible (i.e. hold an EU passport and present the requiste documents). I have recently applied for the registration of my right of residence under the Withdrawal agreement. I had my appointment at the Migri office to submit my documents and have my fingerprints taken on the 5th of October, since then the status of application on EnterFinland still displays 'Waiting for processing' in black font on a green background. Is this normal? Has anyone any experience with this? How long is it typical to wait for a decision? I had thought that the decision would be fairly quickly, and so went ahead with booking appointments at Internation House Helsinki to register my residence and to apply for a tax card on the 16th. Is this a realistic time frame?
You can go to the IHH for a tax card without visiting Migri at all so the timeline does work for that. To get a municipality of residence from DVV is another matter.