Shipping from Amazon.de to Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fermarbr

Post by fermarbr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi

I just moved to Finland and would like to buy home furniture on Amazon.de and have them shipped to Finland - free shipping. Compared to Ikea, Amazon furniture is cheaper, and free home delivery eliminates the need to renting out a van (PaakoVello).

My question: do I need to pay any tax from Germany to Finland? I am talking about a 700EUR shop on Amazon.de, including bed, mattress, desk, office chair, etc. - i.e. large volume.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Shipping from Amazon.de to Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 pm

fermarbr wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:33 pm
I just moved to Finland and would like to buy home furniture on Amazon.de and have them shipped to Finland - free shipping. Compared to Ikea, Amazon furniture is cheaper, and free home delivery eliminates the need to renting out a van (PaakoVello).

My question: do I need to pay any tax from Germany to Finland? I am talking about a 700EUR shop on Amazon.de, including bed, mattress, desk, office chair, etc. - i.e. large volume.
Whatever Amazon quotes you, is what you end up paying.

https://trade.ec.europa.eu/tradehelp/eu-customs-union

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 pm

Not to advocate for Ikea, but you can get home delivery as well, van rental is not required. It is paid, though.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 pm
fermarbr wrote:

Normal VAT rate in Finland is 50% higher than in Germany, and the seller might have to charge that.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:56 pm
fermarbr wrote:

Normal VAT rate in Finland is 50% higher than in Germany, and the seller might have to charge that.
After Amazon knows the shipping destination, it will show and apply Finnish VAT to pricing.

agroot

Post by agroot » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 pm

IKEA only charges like 60 euro for home delivery. They always let you schedule date and call first.

Large item delivery from amazon.de has been troublesome to me. They use UPS for large/heavy items and I'd rather have Posti because UPS in Finland is weird... no calling, no change on website and no English phone number. I had to email them my door code.

There was no difference in price/tax on amazon.de until very recently and now the final price may increase by something like 5%, it's not much. But returning anything would be a pain in the ass because of international delivery (no free return label).

For large volume like those I'd go with IKEA delivery.