Getting married in Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
betelgeuse

Re: Getting married in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 am

simplyann wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:38 pm
Also, one of a friends has an experience in applying this intimate visa. She is living with her boyfriend here in Finland for years and sharing expenses but for whatever reason, the application got denied and so they decided to get married and got her RP with no hassle.
Having lived together for years, she would have already qualified for family permit based on cohabitation so the anecdote is quite confusing. Of course it might have been that they didn't know the permits available to them properly.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simplyann

Post by simplyann » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:48 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:13 am
simplyann wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:38 pm
Also, one of a friends has an experience in applying this intimate visa. She is living with her boyfriend here in Finland for years and sharing expenses but for whatever reason, the application got denied and so they decided to get married and got her RP with no hassle.
Having lived together for years, she would have already qualified for family permit based on cohabitation so the anecdote is quite confusing. Of course it might have been that they didn't know the permits available to them properly.
Friend has a study visa before and living with his Finn BF for years and so they wanted to apply for cohabitation. And that's when the visa got denied and decided to get married. The couple can try to get tourist visa and get married here. I know some people have been doing that. But of course, there's always a risk in not getting the right visa. They can also get married in the home country of the girl and do the right thing and process. But yes, the process is tough and long and long distance relationship is so sad. Their choice.

empele10

Post by empele10 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Last edited by empele10 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empele10

Post by empele10 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Last edited by empele10 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simplyann

Post by simplyann » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm

empele10 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm
simplyann wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:06 am
empele10 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:07 am

But that's the point, there is no right visa for this kind of thing if wanting to get married here in Finland. Applying for a "Residence permit on the basis of intimate relationship" will take 5-9 months currently, and it is much harder to get anyway than a visa, I think.

Even if that residence permit was possible to obtain, do you suggest that people who have already been separated from their loved ones for 7-10 months because of corona should wait additional 5-9 months more after the Manila mission opens? Currently it's still closed and no word when it's going to open.
I think you didn't read my first comment? I don't think it is possible for them to apply for intimate relationship visa. I don't know their current situation but applying for that kind of visa requires that they are living together for a certain period of time. Meaning, they are under the same roof which I assume they are not because as per statement, the girl wants to travel here and get married.
Also, as I have said, they can take the risk of getting a tourist visa and get married. If they are lucky and didn't get any hassle from PH and Finland immigration - good for them.. If they get caught for whatever reason - be prepared for the consequence. Just be extra careful when the girl travels here. But I will still stand with what I said - returning flight ticket is not a strong proof that someone will go back home before visa expires.
You are confusing things, there's no such thing as an "intimate relationsip visa". It's a "Residence permit on the basis of intimate relationship", not a visa. Handling of that permit will take months. You keep saying here that they should apply for a "right kind of visa". But there's only the Schengen visa available and that has the rule of returning to the origin country within the visa validity period. Also, many people do not want to get married abroad, for example in the Philippines. It's much easier to do it here when you know the law and the consequences. So for many it's not an option to marry abroad and then apply for a residence permit for the spouse.

The whole scenario where a married couple should separate for half a year or more after being married is inhumane.
Oh, my bad I keep on referring RP as visa.. Cause talking to friends, we normally say " Visa" Though we know we meant RP..
Anyway, this website I assume is to help people gather info but it would be best to give them info as well as what the right thing to do instead of them lying to migri. Being on the safe side will always be better than to get caught and suffer longer. I have a friend who gets married in her home country (Philippines) and lived here almost 2years after the marriage because of RP processing time and some other personal matter she has to settle. Couple who has to separate after marriage is inhumane? Maybe yes, maybe not. If it's the law, then it's the law. No one is above the law. Don't teach them how to rush things just because being separated is inhumane. It is never okay to lie. Are you gonna take full responsibility of the consequence if they get caught? If not, then stop acting as if you always know better than the law. LOL.. Hmmm, you should be reported to migri for encouraging people to lie just because of inhumane issue.. Hahahaha

empele10

Post by empele10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 am

Last edited by empele10 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latikajamal

Post by latikajamal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Ollz wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:01 pm
Hello!

Me (a Finnish citizen) and my Filipina girlfriend want to get married in Finland once the visa services are opened again. We've been separated for 10 months now so we desperately want to see each other and get married in Finland. When we eventually apply for her to visit me here in Finland, should we honestly tell the reason of the trip (Getting married), or should we not mention it at all?

I'm asking this because i've heard some "horror stories" of the visa not being granted because of the person would not leave the country on the intended return date, even when the purpose of the visit has been to get married? I will be sponsoring her application. So, everyone who have knowledge of this and/or have got married in Finland, what did YOU say at your visa application? Is there anything else we should take into consideration? Thank you!

Hi,
It's not that easy now.
She needs to prove the strong ties in our home country. I suggest to show her bank statement, even you will sponsor her ) why?
This is the consulate last message to me;

"Finland generally requires that the applicant has sufficient funds for the entire duration of their stay( min.30e/day, sponsor finances not considered)"

Show the proof that you really in a relationship(genuine relationship)
Pictures together, the stamps of your travels outside the country, if she don't have this, they will ask how many times you meet in person and how long.

Before, it's so easy under Norwegian embassy, way back summer 2019 my younger sister got her 90days visit visa.
but now it's not.
They rejected my other sister's application. Twice, applied dec.2019 and jan.2020. I emailed the consulate what else do we need to do with her application because she's married with a son and a property under her name. She answered this to me..

"I appreciate your email and the information provided, however there isn't much to be done.The visa team in Finland process each application on case to case basis, with the documents submitted. The earlier visas mentioned below, were most likely processed by the Norwegian embassy, as they represented Finland until summer 2019. We cannot speak on their behalf, as to why the applications were successful and this is not.
Finland generally requires thar the applicant has sufficient funds for the entire duration of their stay( min.30e/day, sponsor finances not considered)"

But it's ok,it happens for a reason because of this covid. Good she did not get the visa :)

It's ok to apply a visit visa and be true to her intention of stay. If you think that she has a strong ties in our home country and you can prove the you are really in a relationship.
There is no problem to get married here the problem is if she will get the visa to enter.
And if ever she will get the visa to visit here.
Show this to her..

Dapat Dalawa yung tatak ng cenomar mo..
DFA stamp and Finnish consulate stamp ( need mong hanapin yung website nila para sila magbigay sayo ng appointment, dapat legalized ng DFA yung cenomar bago nila stamp yan, at magbayad k muna bago ka makapunta s kanila, pabayad mo s bf mo para euro ang payment and my receipt. Pkita mo lng passport mo n my visa na and receipt sa knila. Goodluck

But there is no assurance that she will get the residence permit here in Finland. She need to go back to our home country if she got rejected.

What happened to me was so smooth and easy.. I experienced a 90days vacation here and I got pregnant before the expiry of my visa. And I left Finland, and wait for 3months to apply visit visa again and in the invitation it was written that I'm pregnant and will get married.
Wish you both a Goodluck and hope everything get back to normal again. 🙏